NCLR : 2015 Pismo Dunes Trip

Do we have a solid head-count on this one?  I think Paul is in and Colin a maybe, and Michele and I are going.  Who else? 

Do we want to try to caravan down?  I'm guessing most of you would be running down 101.  If so I'll come down on 4/880S.  We should be able to find a good place to meet along the route.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ah...forgot Antonio was going.

Tom, man, what's the haps?  Haven't seen you on the trail recently - better make amends.  :lr:

Also i think Ron mentioned that he is also coming.  

I just made my reservation and there are over 900 spots still available, if you want to save $8 bucks.  Just register at the entrance instead of making the reservation online.  

Don, I plan to leave around 1 to 2 PM.  I am not sure what time you plan to leave but if you want to caravan down to Pismo.  We can meet in Gilroy off Monterey street.  

AA

Sounds good Antonio.  That timing should work for us.  We get home Thrusday night and will have Friday morning to pack the Rover then a couple hours to get down to Gilroy. 

I'll probably go ahead and make a reservation this week just to be sure.

Colin, Jamie, and Me will all be there.   Last trip the new shop owner can make in good conscience for a while id imagine.    Jamie and I are planning on leaving around 2 PM from Concord and I am not sure what Colin's plans are at the moment.

Both trucks this time. 

Don, I understand you have 2 wheels for Nathan (SloHybrid).   I have the other 2 and we are going to head to his place on the way home on Sunday to deliver the wheels and pick up a 4.6 motor from him so we can take all 4 wheels to him then.

Yes, delivering wheels and a couple of jerry can holders.  Though I confess I don't recall who they go to so I'll probably just chuck them out in the sand and see who grabs 'em.  :)

Heck, I'm so bad with names I don't even remember who gave them to me.  Some guy named Brandon?  Burton?  Maybe it was Brett?  Bogart?  Who can keep these things straight?

Yes, delivering wheels and a couple of jerry can holders.  Though I confess I don't recall who they go to so I'll probably just chuck them out in the sand and see who grabs 'em.  :)

Heck, I'm so bad with names I don't even remember who gave them to me.  Some guy named Brandon?  Burton?  Maybe it was Brett?  Bogart?  Who can keep these things straight?

Im pretty sure it was Bogart...

We can work it out in the sand.

Sorry to see you cant make it but there will always be a next time. Time is getting near its always a good idea to make reservations

http://www.reserveamerica.com/camping/oceano-dunes-svra/r/campgroundDetails.do?contractCode=CA&parkId=120065

Btw the state won its battle with the San Luis Obispo County Air Pollution Control District. :D

So I just made a reservation using this link and noticed it's Oceano Dunes.....not Pismo.  Hopefully I can change that.

Hey Guys,  I seemed to have missed Lutzi's note but am still planning to attend (80/20). Busy week for me but if all goes well I'll leave in time to meet the caravan in Gilroy or where ever. 

Thanks, TO

Tom,  do you happen to have any room heading back home for a RURR LT230 for Ulisses?  apparently he lives just down the road from you.

This would really help me out and Paul is heading up to my house on Sunday so you guys could convoy there??

Cheers!

Nathan.

Tom,  do you happen to have any room heading back home for a RURR LT230 for Ulisses?  apparently he lives just down the road from you.

This would really help me out and Paul is heading up to my house on Sunday so you guys could convoy there??

Cheers!

Nathan.

I have the room if Ulisses has the cash  ;-)

So I just made a reservation using this link and noticed it's Oceano Dunes.....not Pismo.  Hopefully I can change that.

Oceano Dunes SVRA is the right one Don..

Dont stay at the Pismo Beach State Campground unless you want hobos stealing your camping gear in the middle of the night..

It is Ocean Dunes, you made the right reservation. The state park is call Oceano dunes. 

This is the place where we can meet:

Shell
5920 Travel Park Cir
Gilroy, CA 95020

if anyone else wants to meet here, post up. 

AA

Looks good to me.  Want to make it 2:00?  It's about a 2 hr drive for me to get there, but I could move that time up/down as needed.  I think you said you were planning to get on the road about 1, and I'm guessing you'll need about an hour to get to Gilroy, hence 2:00.

Tom -  will this work for you too?

Bitchin!   I will tell him you are bringing it up.

Thanks very much Tom.

See you guys Sunday

DOH!!!

In the spirit of that little feeling you get when you think there might be a conflict but "Nah! Theses much more fun..."  I was reminded that I have been volunteered to flip burgers at a school function.  1) Same group of dads every year and 2) when you are the parent of an 8th grader, every event is "her last (fillintheblank)..."   So it looks like I'm out. May run down Friday and back Saturday night but that is very slim...

Sorry Ulisses ;-(

DOH!!!

In the spirit of that little feeling you get when you think there might be a conflict but "Nah! Theses much more fun..."  I was reminded that I have been volunteered to flip burgers at a school function.  1) Same group of dads every year and 2) when you are the parent of an 8th grader, every event is "her last (fillintheblank)..."   So it looks like I'm out. May run down Friday and back Saturday night but that is very slim...

Sorry Ulisses ;-(

This is just not acceptable.  Doesn't she understand this is your last Pismo trip (for this year, or maybe just for this summer)? 

Worst case, I'm betting one of us can make room for it.

This is just not acceptable. Doesn't she understand this is your last Pismo trip (for this year, or maybe just for this summer)?

Worst case, I'm betting one of us can make room for it.

I tried to get her to come down Friday after school home sat... "you can drive the truck...on the dunes, full speed...". A:" No thanks, nope, nope....". Ugh!!

Sorry to see you cant make it Tom. Just put in the calender for January.  btw the repeater is down .New one is

WB6FMC

PL 127.3

I will be monitoring both channels.Also does anyone have a code reader that can clear lr3 height sensors.

so far

NCLR

alpaca

PFreeman

Antonio

DHappel

JFischer

Still haven't replied

Colin

Tom

SCLR

Jake

Brad Cogswell

Michael Santulli

The current roster looks good!  I think I got everyone marked down - let me know if I missed your name.

Martin aka alpaca

Paul

Antonio

Don

Michele

Josh

Colin

Lutzi

I removed Tom from the list.  

Have fun everyone!  Hope to attend the next one.  

Cheers,

Erin

Archived