February 7th : Frank Raines OHV Park

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi All,

I am BONE-STOCK. What do you guys think. Can i make it tomorrow at the OHV? I am also planning to bring my friends with me this time in my truck. Hope it's not that bad where I cannot make few places and hopefully some water crossing this time :).

Will be following the thread about tomorrows park conditions and updates. Where is the meeting point and time for this MORG from Fremont.

Hi All,

I am BONE-STOCK. What do you guys think. Can i make it tomorrow at the OHV? I am also planning to bring my friends with me this time in my truck. Hope it's not that bad where I cannot make few places and hopefully some water crossing this time :).

Will be following the thread about tomorrows park conditions and updates. Where is the meeting point and time for this MORG from Fremont.

I actually don't remember it a whole lot, but I do remember there being quite a few nice moderate trails, though not sure how that changes in the mud. With that said, I think the other members will be sensitive to those with stock rovers and lead folks on easier paths. Plus, a few of us do have recovery gear if needed. I'm not worried about getting stuck in mud, but I do worry about crashing - I was in deep mud before and it was way too slippery to be fun.

David what time are you meeting up here in the bay? I might just leave Fremont at 7 so I have time to get back if needed. I'll bring a ham radio and my spare charger for my phone. Unlike last time.....

Anudeep, I think all you need to do is air down for traction. I'll bring my air tank in case anyone needs air. But I'll leave early as well.

David what time are you meeting up here in the bay? I might just leave Fremont at 7 so I have time to get back if needed. I'll bring a ham radio and my spare charger for my phone. Unlike last time.....

I am not sure exactly, but I am thinking I will head over the Dumbarton Bridge and maybe meet up with Erin and Alyson? I would imagine they will be over there around 8 something?

Are you and Anudeep riding out together?

I actually don't remember it a whole lot, but I do remember there being quite a few nice moderate trails, though not sure how that changes in the mud. With that said, I think the other members will be sensitive to those with stock rovers and lead folks on easier paths. Plus, a few of us do have recovery gear if needed. I'm not worried about getting stuck in mud, but I do worry about crashing - I was in deep mud before and it was way too slippery to be fun.

Thanks David. Lets see how it goes tomorrow. See you all there. I will start by 8AM from Fremont.

Don is unofficially our official "MORG" leader for Frank Raines if we don't get rained out.

Bwahahaha!

You guys are OK with body damage, right?

j/k. I'm a wimp until somebody else does something crazy. Then I can't help but get sucked in.

I'll have full recovery gear with me. Everything from tow and snatch straps to winch to my nifty new traction jacks. I'm hoping somebody gets stuck at least a little so we can test those babies out. :)

As for how well you'll do with stock tires, we'll play it by ear and see how you feel. There are trails we can certainly do stock up to stuff none of us would want to try even in the dry so we should be able to find something for everybody. Erin is bringing her LR4 which is also stock at this point (but not for long!)

I'll have my cell on (510.825.5056) and my HT (146.460) but I'm not counting on much reception with either one. Since I'm coming down I5 and entering from the east side, I'll just plan to meet you guys at the entrance at 10 like normal.

I'll probably head out around 8 but will check in here before leaving.

Me tooooo scratches are ok but hope and pray no body damage :).

Pedram said he will start early i guess 7am. I am planning to start at 8am, i will be there at the park by 10AM.

I will avoid anything that will potentially damage my body. :-)

Plus, I have a huge phobia of going downhill on a very muddy trail. YIKES!

I will avoid anything that will potentially damage my body. :-)

Plus, I have a huge phobia of going downhill on a very muddy trail. YIKES!

Lo range, check

Terrain Response to 'mud and ruts, check

hill descent on, check

foot off the brake, steer down the hill, give it some gas as needed if she starts to slide too much.

Easy-peasy!

'what could go wrong?'

Alyson and I are meeting in San Jose around 8... Will start on 880 probably. David, do you have a radio? You can listen for us and hopefully meet up with our caravan at some point.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Alyson and I are meeting in San Jose around 8... Will start on 880 probably. David, do you have a radio? You can listen for us and hopefully meet up with our caravan at some point.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi Erin... No, I don't have a radio set up yet and my CB range is very poor. If it wasn't pouring I would mount the antenna - that helps.

Maybe you can drop me a text when you guys depart San Jose and head to 880?

Don what time are you going there?

I'll bring my traction jacks and my camera.

I'll be there by 10. It's about 1 1/2-3/4 drive for me, so I'll get on the road around 8 and stop for coffee on the way.

OK ladies and Gentlemen, I'll be rolling out in a few minutes - just gotta throw stuff in the truck and get moving. Not raining here, but not sure what that's worth.

I'm planning to bring a little surprise for those of you who arrive early. Well, at least not late. So don't dawdle! Early bird gets the worm! (oh wait...did I give away the surprise? What, you didn't want worms?)

OK ladies and Gentlemen, I'll be rolling out in a few minutes - just gotta throw stuff in the truck and get moving. Not raining here, but not sure what that's worth.

I'm planning to bring a little surprise for those of you who arrive early. Well, at least not late. So don't dawdle! Early bird gets the worm! (oh wait...did I give away the surprise? What, you didn't want worms?)

I'm leaving at 8am , picking up my friend , then heading east

French fries???

Archived