• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I will not be making it...

Tried to change my rear drive shaft coupling from the rotoflex... After getting the damn rubber crap off I noticed that the whole rear pumpkins end piece is completely missing from the kit I bought from atlantic british so its sitting there until the get me the part monday...

I will not be making it...

Tried to change my rear drive shaft coupling from the rotoflex... After getting the damn rubber crap off I noticed that the whole rear pumpkins end piece is completely missing from the kit I bought from atlantic british so its sitting there until the get me the part monday...

Justin,

Why did you order a kit from AB ? It is exactly the same flange as an RRC (short wheelbase) and you must have diffs off those ....

Graeme

Guest Pedram
In a pinch mine is all ready done and ready to go Justin. If you need a diff your welcome to barrow mine. In order to remove my t-case I need to move those two drive lines out of the way. You can replace my parts later. Just a thought

Just got back from anther MORG...always a good time.

Hey Pedram, too bad you weren't there. I finally drug the LR3 over 'Pedram rock' at the obstacle course! I did have to go over it the other direction, and after grinding away at it with the skids I think the rock is now about an inch lower, but I got over it! There were witnesses!

Big thanks to Don & Colin for doing the recovery fundamentals demo... then putting it into action when RedRover slid into a deep rut and buried the diff in the dirt.

With some winching, sand ladders and Lucas digging the axle out, the club extracted the Classic back onto Five Fingers. Since I was in the truck I don't have any pictures, but I saw my proximity to the dirt wall and could tell it was close.

This is about the only video I got. It's Tom cresting the top of 'Five Fingers':

[video=youtube;fUFPMgy68n8]

Also nice to meet the other folks (including the Volvo guys) that made it.

-Jared

Thanks Jared!! And thanks to Tyler for the absentee inspiration and the rest of the crew for inspiration. I was glad to take "Poser-1" over the top without a rescue.

Internet problems here but will post my images soon. great to see and meet folks!!

Big thanks to Don & Colin for doing the recovery fundamentals demo... then putting it into action when RedRover slid into a deep rut and buried the diff in the dirt

Jared,

That was pretty cool the way you staged that right after the recovery demo .... some people even thought it was accidental .....

Graeme

Folks.

Again, great MORG this month!

I'm really glad we kicked off the "Sessions" events and thanks to Colin and Don for prepping, presenting and demoing recovery 101a (and JErin for volunteering for Recovery 102a/b)

There were trucks and members from Chris' Camel Trophy truck to new member John and his 2013 LR4 and the rare, non Pinzgauer Volvo in attendance as well. Great to meet John as well as returning member Jay and his brother Tom and Nephew Eric in a Green D1 (Yes, I'm partial)

Thanks to everyone for coming out and to all of you who help produce and support these events!

Here are some of my photos from the event, I haven't added context but you'll get the idea as you piece stories from the thread together...

http://www.owenfotos.com/Toms-Stuff/Rover/MORG-0115/

It should be well noted that in the Recovery 102b class, the ONLY thing working harder than the electrons in Jared's winch was Lucas Ware on the business end of Don's shovel impersonating an archeologist looking for the lost front axel that the aforementioned electrons help bury in the earth's core...

http://www.owenfotos.com/Toms-Stuff/Rover/MORG-0115/i-BB52LQd/0/M/D7K_8117-M.jpg

Perhaps my favorite photo would be of the look on 12yr old Eric's face as he is flying up 5 Fingers trail riding shotgun in his uncle's D1.

http://www.owenfotos.com/Toms-Stuff/Rover/MORG-0115/i-tN2MzFs/0/M/D7K_8138-M.jpg

or just your average High School Freshmen...girl... driving over a huge rock (Yes, it was her brother at this age who pulled me and my daughter over 5-fingers when I got stuck last time - hi Tyler). There won't be ANYPLACE she can't park on campus after this...

http://www.owenfotos.com/Toms-Stuff/Rover/MORG-0115/i-VMpxSLf/0/M/D7K_8208-M.jpg

The family nature and inclusiveness sets our club apart - great to see it on the trial in a safe learning environment.

See you down the trail, Tom

Looking at the rear wheel/space above it, I bet my truck would have just rolled over on that. So, besides the awesome recovery potential, WHY go up the weird side hill? I have gone up 5 fingers once, but never the "alt route" Awesome picture Tom! Great framing and RedRover, nice pose!

Archived