Happy New Year! For January, we're at Hollister Hills SVRA on Saturday the 3rd. Additionally, Colin Brown will be doing a demonstration event on Recovery Fundamentals.

Reply in the thread if you will be attending.

Attendee List

• Jared & Erin W.
• Colin B.
• Brenton C.
• David W.
• John M.
• Anudeep Y. (currently a maybe)
• Justin C.
• Don H.

Also, more information is available in the Calendar and as always, we will meet at the entrance at 10:00AM.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I am a new member with a stock 2013 LR4. This will be my first club outing, and first time at Hollister. I am from Florida, staying in San Francisco for now. I have done some training and a 2-day Mojave run with Badlands Adventures in southern Ca, but rocks are still alien to me. I look forward to meeting folks and seeing the trucks in action.

Hi there! I have a stock 2012 LR4 and have taken it off road at both Hollister and Frank Raines and it is amazing. Hoping to add some additional off road kits to it soon, but for now, I just play as it is. January we will also being having a recovery class. Brenton, our club president lives in SF, perhaps you can get in touch with him and caravan down. His forum name is Disco2Guy. We look forward to meet you. If you end up coming down by yourself, we meet at the ranger station at 10:00.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There are now a few LR4s in the club.

A few? I think you folks are secretly trying to convert this to the LR3/LR4 club... in the past 6 mo. we've had at least 6 or 7 LR3s and LR4s (and 1 Disco 4) join NCLR.

Not that there's anything wrong with that... ::amuse::

-Jared

Thanks for the time and place info. It is good to know there is another stock LR4 driver I can learn from. They are amazing. I did a 2-day trip across the Mojave with Tom Severin's Badlands Adventures: crawled rocks, ran sand dunes, forded the Mojave river. I had no trouble staying with the built-up Wranglers, Land Cruisers and pickups--all in comfort and style. I am not afraid of sand, but rocks still make me nervous.

John

Will any of the peninsula people be caravaning down together?

Pedram - are you going? I know the only thing that will keep me from going is if Pedram wants to do my swing away that day, but hoping he will want to do it on the 31, 1, or 2 :)

-David

I don't know about Peninsula, but in the South Bay Erin & I will be in our usual staging area at the Chevron/Starbucks/etc. at Coleman & Newhall (near SJC airport) [Map] at around 8:15. We usually depart within 15-20 minutes afterward.

-Jared

Pedram - are you going? I know the only thing that will keep me from going is if Pedram wants to do my swing away that day, but hoping he will want to do it on the 31, 1, or 2 :)

-David

Sorry that was the day..... You can't go David...... I need your truck here so I can go to MORG in it instead.

Welcome John, this is how we treat our members. Lol. Show us your truck buddy.... We need before and after pictures. And you couldn't of picked a better place to stay. This in my opinion is the best state ever. So many places to visit and so much history.

Sorry that was the day..... You can't go David...... I need your truck here so I can go to MORG in it instead.

Welcome John, this is how we treat our members. Lol. Show us your truck buddy.... We need before and after pictures. And you couldn't of picked a better place to stay. This in my opinion is the best state ever. So many places to visit and so much history.

HAHA! That's OK with me - I am happy to not go if that's the only day you can do it - it's up to you; I'm on your schedule.

I don't know about Peninsula, but in the South Bay Erin & I will be in our usual staging area at the Chevron/Starbucks/etc. at Coleman & Newhall (near SJC airport) [Map] at around 8:15. We usually depart within 15-20 minutes afterward.

-Jared

Hi Jared,

If Pedram does let me know (hahahaha), then I will plan to meet you and Erin down there at that time to ride down together. :)

-David

Hi Jared,

If Pedram does let me know (hahahaha), then I will plan to meet you and Erin down there at that time to ride down together. :)

-David

No worries -- we'll be around there at the appointed time so hopefully we see the outback-ready LR4 make an appearance. ::bigsmile::

-Jared

Alyson:

I have a GMRS license (wquu204), and two handsets with the 40 GMRS and FRS channels and max allowed power. Will this work?

John

Hey John;

GMRS radios run on a series of channels that are not within the allocated frequency ranges for Ham Radio (I think it's somewhere just beyond the amateur 70cm band). It's possible that your radios will let you tune to listen to our chatter if we were on a 70cm frequency, but probably unlikely. Bring it down to Hollister and we'll take a look!

Our standard NCLR calling frequency is 146.460 MHz simplex.

-Jared

Archived