November 2014 MORG

Thanks Don and David. I'll look at my options. For now I'm okay but will love to fix my truck. I have so many other issues that need attention but this is the only one that will get it driving.

Maybe Justin has a spare for me? :)

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Thanks Don and David. I'll look at my options. For now I'm okay but will love to fix my truck. I have so many other issues that need attention but this is the only one that will get it driving.

Pedram,

Well, if it is a 20 hour job (for one person), we could have the next Peninsula Gathering at somewhere with a lift (hey, Grayson has one ...) and if we get 20 people along we can have it done in an hour .... errr, or doesn't it work like that?

Regards,

Graeme

Mike,

You've got to be careful now ... Justin turned up in a Land Rover at last, quashing the rumor that he didn't actually drive a Land Rover ... so the monkey is on your back now .... we believe you have a VW because we've seen that ... but a Rover? ....

Graeme

LOL, Its true!!!

Maybe Justin has a spare for me? :)

I'll take care of you, just shoot me a PM

I was so sad to miss this MORG.

It was an awesome MORG -- while we are technically scheduled for Hollister next month we could do another Frank Raines run in December for the folks that couldn't make it out this month...

January 2015 MORG is back at Hollister for a special demonstration by Colin on Recovery Fundamentals.

I want to says thanks for the warm welcomes from everybody. I had a great time look forward to seeing everyone again . I had no idea white Discos were so rare.

Thanks for coming out Nick -- nice Disco you have. Not sure how rare white Discos are, but having 4 together makes for good photos. ::amuse::

-Jared

Here's a video of the MORG. (Warning: If you don't like electronic music, turn the volume down...) ::bigsmile::

[video=youtube;jvdPDbipIUg]

-Jared

Great job Jared - Loved the video (also really appreciated my car being labelled Disco4 instead of LR4.... I get a rash whenever I hear LR4...)

Is that a Jerin original composition and performance?

Who's Jerin? 😮

It's kinda groovy. Is it available on iTunes? Can we get a live performance at the next gathering?

Musician is Gorillaz - Dare (Soulwax Remix) - it is a groovy track.

I'll be playing in the Cabaret lounge this entire week - tip your waitresses, folks.

- Jared

The 4 white discos were AMAZING! :-)

SHOOOOT! I am so sad my white Disco 4 did not make the line up - oh well, maybe next time.

Why do I always miss all the best events.

Now I am a grouch.

Right. So Oscar it is.

Pedram. What's up with the trans. Didn't you just rebuild that thing?

Yes I did. Two weeks after it started grinding synchros and had my transmission guy check it out. He made an appointment for it to be fixed in September. I get a call the day before the service saying he's busy and needs to push it till next week. Next week rolls up and turns into two weeks. Two weeks go by and the annual starts. So he just tells me that he will call me when he's got time. One delay after another. So still here grinding gears. New synchros and main output shaft. Now who knows what's up.

I was going to have my guy work on it because he was going to fix it. But now I'm not sure about his work. Sometimes just doing things yourself is the right path.

Archived