November 2014 MORG

Going to replace a few control arms and bushings today in hopes that my rig is ready for Saturday.

I'll keep you all posted if I will be showing or not.

Will we see the Disco this weekend?

-Jared

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I have yet to see ordinary anything... Glad you can make it. I'm exited. First non Hollister MORG. And first land rover MORG at Frank Raines.

You have my attention....

It's sprung over, fully locked, 200tdi, roll cage, canvas truck cab, a few other mods.

At the top of the NCLR home page there's a banner that rotates through a few pictures. The 109 in the Moab picture was before I did most of the work.

Moved to the east coast about 8 years ago but back in SF now.

All;

It looks like we have a number of folks coming from the Bay area. As mentioned in an earlier post, we will meet tomorrow at 8:15AM at the corner of Alum Rock Ave. & Mt. Hamilton Rd. in San Jose [Map]. There is a large dirt area to stage before we head up. If you could, please confirm that you will be meeting at the waypoint so we wait for you. If the caravan is gone from the waypoint after 8:15AM and you didn't confirm, we will have already departed. Please try to catch up at our next waypoint, Lick Observatory at the peak of Mt. Hamilton and if you have amateur radio, call out that you are en route on the NCLR standard frequency of 146.460MHz.

Also, are there trucks from the East Bay / Central Valley side that want to caravan together? I think Don/Michele and Justin are coming from roughly the same side... just a thought.

NOTE: The MORG meeting time at Frank Raines OHV park is 10:00AM. If you have any other questions, post here and I'll update. See you tomorrow!

Photos

---------

http://www.1070maryann.com/images/mt_hamilton_2014.jpg

Mt. Hamilton Peak

http://www.1070maryann.com/images/lick_obs_halloween.jpg

Lick Observatory

-Jared

Sweet... I'm meet you guys at Mt. Hamilton. I'll try to get there early. It's a long windy road for almost two hours. Kinda spooky for the day after Halloween. Lol ha ha ha

Take Justin, Don, and Michal with you. You guys should meet at the 205 near Tracy. It's about a half hour north of Patterson and about another 20-30 drive from Patterson to Frank Raines.

Take Justin, Don, and Michal with you. You guys should meet at the 205 near Tracy. It's about a half hour north of Patterson and about another 20-30 drive from Patterson to Frank Raines.

That's what I was thinking, It'd be about the same spot we'd all merge into. Wanna pick a gas station / starbucks and we meet there?

All;

It looks like we have a number of folks coming from the Bay area. As mentioned in an earlier post, we will meet tomorrow at 8:15AM at the corner of Alum Rock Ave. & Mt. Hamilton Rd. in San Jose [Map]. There is a large dirt area to stage before we head up. If you could, please confirm that you will be meeting at the waypoint so we wait for you. If the caravan is gone from the waypoint after 8:15AM and you didn't confirm, we will have already departed. Please try to catch up at our next waypoint, Lick Observatory at the peak of Mt. Hamilton and if you have amateur radio, call out that you are en route on the NCLR standard frequency of 146.460MHz.

Also, are there trucks from the East Bay / Central Valley side that want to caravan together? I think Don/Michele and Justin are coming from roughly the same side... just a thought.

NOTE: The MORG meeting time at Frank Raines OHV park is 10:00AM. If you have any other questions, post here and I'll update. See you tomorrow!

-Jared

Great Idea Jared! I wonder if there is a repeater that will cover down that far? Maybe Mt. Diable machine? Not sure if the Stanford (145.230?) machine would reach both sides... I did a quick search and found THIS repeater system. I don't know the terrain at all, just wondering if there is a back-up to simplex...

Have fun!

Tom

I am out on this. Two "scheduled" soccer games, wife's birthday, and a very leaky LT230 front output all call for attention. Ordering oil seals as we speak. Would catch a seat, but if games go on, I need to be in town. Drive safe.

There really isn't anything at the 205 / 5 junction. There's an Arco just a bit north on 5 (Mossdale) I believe. Or a little further north at Lathrop Rd. is a Starbucks. Those are about the closest things I can think of near the junction.

Google says an hour from Starbucks to Frank Raines. I'll plan to be at the Starbucks about 8:30 with an eye to leaving at 8:45. That should put me at Frank Raines a little before 10.

It's been raining here more or less all day. Good think I didn't wash the Rover for that photo shoot up in Arcata.... ;)

If anybody wants to meet Michele and I at the Starbucks post up here - I'll check before I leave in the morning. (about 7:30) Or you can text me at (five ten)-825-5056.

There really isn't anything at the 205 / 5 junction. There's an Arco just a bit north on 5 (Mossdale) I believe. Or a little further north at Lathrop Rd. is a Starbucks. Those are about the closest things I can think of near the junction.

Google says an hour from Starbucks to Frank Raines. I'll plan to be at the Starbucks about 8:30 with an eye to leaving at 8:45. That should put me at Frank Raines a little before 10.

It's been raining here more or less all day. Good think I didn't wash the Rover for that photo shoot up in Arcata.... ;)

If anybody wants to meet Michele and I at the Starbucks post up here - I'll check before I leave in the morning. (about 7:30) Or you can text me at (five ten)-825-5056.

Sounds great! Do you have the full address to that Starbucks? I should be there around 8.30 as well (but need to know the full address to time it accordingly)

All;

Photos

---------

http://www.1070maryann.com/images/mt_hamilton_2014.jpg

Mt. Hamilton Peak

http://www.1070maryann.com/images/lick_obs_halloween.jpg

Lick Observatory

-Jared

I will be at the way point at 8:15 or earlier.

Thanks

Sounds great! Do you have the full address to that Starbucks? I should be there around 8.30 as well (but need to know the full address to time it accordingly)

It's Lathrop and I5. 15010 Harlan Road, Lathrop, CA 953309802

http://www.starbucks.com/store/14479/us/lathrop-i-5-lathrop/15010-harlan-road-lathrop-ca-953309802

Unfortunately Im going to have to sit this one out. Friends Bday tonight....you know how that is.

But it's going to be wet and muddy! You can handle it on only three hours of sleep! Lol!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived