New to the club and introducing myself

ChrisJB

Well i just joined roughly a few days ago and wanted to introduce myself to the rest of the club...

I am Christopher and I currently reside in Carson City Nevada. I am somewhat new to off-roading and after some learning experiences out in the desert of Nevada (3 flat tires and 20 miles from civilization) I figured it may be safer to find a club or group to go 4 wheeling with :) So it took me some time to find the right club for me mainly because lot of the local clubs here are for your serious rock crawlers and a inexperienced person like myself probably wouldn't benefit. I came across this club from a co-working who happens to know Mr Selden and suggested to check it out. Will was gracious enough to answer some question and thought id give it a shot. I am very excited in experiencing what the club has to offer and be able to safely use my Land Rover for what it was built to do :)

Here are some pics of my rig

2 days after I took delivery. Believe it or not but i bought it off of ebay!

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2310/2109182079_3074908781_o.jpg

Since I bought it, I took the running boards off and upgraded to Nitto Terra Grappler All Terrain tires. So far everything else is stock (For now)

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2415/2109956134_b75dc98659_o.jpg

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2112/2109956022_32ae2e56ef_o.jpg

Welcome to the Club Christopher! We have a good mix of Rover owners and do all levels of trail runs so I am sure you will find something to your liking. We are in the process of finalizing the trip calender for 2008 so be sure to check it out when posted. I believe we will have a couple of trips out your way in 2008.

Feel free to jump in and give your opinion on club related discussions, we like to get feedback from all our members.

If you want to read more Rover related stuff check out LRRForums.com. The club was formed from a core group of Rover owners that frequent that forum so you will find a lot of NCLR club members on there.

Hope to see you at a club event soon.

Welcome Christopher!

I like your 04 D2; been looking at one for my next LR; nice - you have the trail edition! Nice! What are your future mod plans?

Bought my D1 on eBay (now sold); somethings best deals out there next to Craigslist.

I think PCRover (Gary) is planning to wheeling trip in Nevada; hope to see you; I started wheeling my D1 in Nevada BLM near Fernley; have relatives who live in Reno.

Ok, welcome again; let us know if you have any questions!

Ron

Thank you very much all :)

For future mod plans it really depends on how serious I go with this, in terms of I am still making payments on it so you wont be seeing me driving it on the rubicon anytime soon :)

I would love to have an ARB bull bar with a winch, but would I be on any trails that would give me a possibility of needing one? So far my experience has been on groomed dirt trails. So as I go out with the club and learn the vehicles capabilities and what my comfort level would be then I would probably have a better picture of what I would like to do.

So far on what I have on my for sure list is a borla cat back exhaust, cold air intake for a little more power, roof rack, rear ladder, and better off-road lights. I am looking at the Hella Rallye 4000 halogens for the "bull bar" I have now and 4 of the rack.

Because I work for Dell and I am in IT, of course I want gadgets and one project i am working on is a PC that will go under the passenger seat for gps, internet, movie and music playback.

So I have dreams of what I want to do and of course it all depends how much overtime I can handle :)

Welcome Christopher. That's a great looking DII you have there. That front end is really too pretty to put a winch bumper on. :D:D Drive it stock and find out what it will do and what you can do with it. Then you will know what mods are best for the way you use it. Once you start modifying it you get addicted so be careful. :eek:

I get to Northern Nevada every couple months. Rocky, another NCLR member, lives part time in Fernley and knows lots of great, out-of-the-way trails so maybe you can hook up with us some time. Maybe we can get a small group together in January.

Brian

A wheeling trip in January would be something I am definitely up for. Anytime you guys come to my neck of the woods, let me know :) I haven't done much in the Fernley area as I am mostly on trails north of reno or south of carson city, so it will definitely be a new experience :)

Archived