NASA Ames Research Center 75th Anniversary Open House Oct 18

For NASA's Ames Reserch Center 75th anniversary, they're inviting all of the Bay Area folks to come inside the gates and get to know NASA's center in Silicon Valley.

Take a two-mile walking tour through the center and visit with Ames engineers and scientists in booths set up in front of their facilities.

After the walking tour, join us on our plaza to learn about our missions. Food, drinks and NASA gift shop merchandise will be on sale. This is a family-friendly event, and children's educational activities will be offered.

Get your free admission tickets before they're gone: http://www.nasa.gov/ames/openhouse2014/#.VAm6bvldXwE

You got it Tom.

Brenton, good idea. I signed up for 1pm; Tom for 2pm; you said 11am. Perhaps we can do a meet-up in the afternoon, and if it make sense and we can pull it together a marketing event (I can imagine attendees w/Land Rovers as prospective NCLR members).

• 1 month later...

Ok this event is coming up this Saturday.

Brenton, I can bring the items you left @ Hollister; our tour starts at 1pm; perhaps meeting somewhere in the NASA Ames parking lot between 12:30 and 12:45pm if you are avai;l otherwise, we can arrange this some other time.

Also we are at staying at the Fairmont in San Jose the night before (avoid the Saturday afternoon traffic heading to NASA Ames) Friday night if anyone wants to meet-up after work and have a drink or two at: http://www.britanniaarmsdowntown.com/calendar.html

Brenton, I can bring the items you left @ Hollister; our tour starts at 1pm; perhaps meeting somewhere in the NASA Ames parking lot between 12:30 and 12:45pm if you are avai;l otherwise, we can arrange this some other time.

Also we are at staying at the Fairmont in San Jose the night before (avoid the Saturday afternoon traffic heading to NASA Ames) Friday night if anyone wants to meet-up after work and have a drink or two at: http://www.britanniaarmsdowntown.com/calendar.html

If they let you take photos, please do! I tried to sign up when it came available, but it was already sold out.

I'll talk to Erin about the Brit -- thanks Ron!

-Jared

My window for entry is 11-12pm. Can we meet a little before noon? I'll definitely need them while walking around:)

I got tickets for some friends who may not go. I'll see if I can get their tickets you, Erin & Jared. They are the 11:00am - 12:00pm entry time slot.

Wish we could Brenton -- BushingFest is Saturday. Bushings will be replaced. Ride comfort will be improved. ::amuse::

-Jared

My window for entry is 11-12pm. Can we meet a little before noon? I'll definitely need them while walking around:)

Kids won't be getting up till 10am and check-out is not till noon (maximize our stay at the Fairmont) so it's after 12noon meet-up for us.

Or I will be in San Francisco today (downtown) and have meetings from 10-1pm; I can meet you downtown between 1-2pm. Call me. C yah!

If they let you take photos, please do! I tried to sign up when it came available, but it was already sold out.

I'll talk to Erin about the Brit -- thanks Ron!

-Jared

You got it.

Yes, let me know about meeting up for a drink or two at the Brit otherwise no worries. I will send you my cell #.

What to expect:

Please plan to arrive any time after the time printed on your ticket.

Please understand that this is a walking event (bring H2O). We estimate visitors will walk a minimum of five miles to see the full unique content offered for the Open House.

Walking Tour

On the two-mile, self-guided walking tour, visitors will walk past infamous NASA facilities, interact with NASA scientists and engineers, and even have opportunities to learn about new technologies and developing projects at Ames!

ArcJet Alley – Entry, Descent and Landing technologies, Thermal Protection Systems;

Science Showcase – SpaceBiosciences on ISS, AstroChemistry and Microbes;

Technology Way – NASA Small Satellite CubeSats and Nanospacecraft mission information and displays, Space Technology Mission Directorate booth, NASA technology portfolio TechPort information, models, SpaceShop advanced manufacturing materials and Ames Rotocraft research.

Education Area, Aeronautics displays, supercomputing, Intelligent systems, fluid mechanics and much more.

So... I'm sad that I won't be able to go tomorrow, however, for those of you that are going, one of my favorite food trucks will be there... the San Jose Meatball Company! While I don't eat meat, they have a killer veggie meatball made with eggplant and porcini mushrooms. I've heard that the regular meatballs are really good too.

http://www.sanjosemeatballcompany.com/

and on facebook: https://www.facebook.com/sanjosemeatballcompany?ref=br_tf

Please check them out while you are there.

-Erin

I keep hearing of these veggie meatballs... It's become somewhat of a myth at this point...

Will see tomorrow.

Also good seeing you downtown SF today Brenton. Pardon the banker suit on a Friday; I'd rather be in shorts believe me.

What an awesome day! I'm glad to have met up with Ron yesterday to pick up my hat and shemagh because it was hot and sunny today. My buddy Marco came with me and were in the field by 10:40am. We decided to eat before the lines got crazy and made our way to the food truck area. There were so many food trucks that we didn't even see them all. We walked through the first area of trucks and then came across Bacon Blvd. Of course we ate there and made our way to the gift shop to get a hat for Marco. I got a nice commemorative coin with the 75th Anniversary on one side and NASA logo on the other. With all of that out of the way, we made our way around the entire complex. There was a lot to see, so I'll let the pictures tell the rest of the story:)

Archived