September 2014 MORG

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Everyone,

For the folks that are going to the MORG tomorrow, I just wanted to confirm the location/time some folks are meeting up to drive down together.

There was talk of meeting at the Shell Station on El Camino and 5th, not far from the Maserati/Ferrari dealership (Redwood City/Atherton line) - so should that be 8:15AM?

Also, some folks were meeting up at Specialties Cafe off Bowsers Avenue (off 101) in Santa Clara - should that be around 8:45AM?

I think leaving Specialties (for those who meet) should give us plenty of time to get to the ranger station by 10AM.

What do folks think?

Those meeting in either location, feel free to text me: 860-908-8040

Thanks so much!

-David

So my grand mother passed away last night. The memorial is Saturday morning. 9-11 am. I'll try to swing by after if anyone is there later.

Hey Pedram. Sorry to hear about your loss. We plan on hanging around for most of the day (probably will wrap up around 4:30-5.) so if you're up to it, we can come meet you at the gate... just give a call out on the radio.

-Jared

How about 8:30am, for Lucas and I. And we might even drag Tom along as be lives close by ......

Graeme

I may stow away with you guys!! Otherwise I have to go to a "work day" at school, then cousin's wedding near Fremont, take a daughter to a party then head off to a 70's bash where I am always over served!! Long day ahead, have fun!!

Oh, its Loop, with shell gas. Loop has EVERYTHING! Coffee, froyo, sushi, fresh pastries, everything!!

Hey guys,

Since Pedram might be late, Me and Nikhila will meet you at the Ranger station. I willbe there by 10 if not will be a little late, wait for us. I dont have a HAM.

Reach me at 512-963-9993 if anyone is starting from Fremont or East bay. If there is any place after 880 and 101 where we can tag along let me know, Specialties cafe is not on the way from Fremont.

Anudeep

Hey guys,

Since Pedram might be late, Me and Nikhila will meet you at the Ranger station. I willbe there by 10 if not will be a little late, wait for us. I dont have a HAM.

Reach me at 512-963-9993 if anyone is starting from Fremont or East bay. If there is any place after 880 and 101 where we can tag along let me know, Specialties cafe is not on the way from Fremont.

Anudeep

Hi Anudeep;

We (Erin & I) are going to stop in Morgan Hill to swing into Chevron, Safeway and grab some lunch stuff; do you want to meet us there? Here is a map with the address of the Chevron:

http://www.1070maryann.com/images/morg_hill_chevron_1.png

Since we're probably leaving Santa Clara around 8:50, we should arrive in Morgan Hill close to 9:20-9:30.

-Jared

Hi Anudeep;

We (Erin & I) are going to stop in Morgan Hill to swing into Chevron, Safeway and grab some lunch stuff; do you want to meet us there? Here is a map with the address of the Chevron:

http://www.1070maryann.com/images/morg_hill_chevron_1.png

Since we're probably leaving Santa Clara around 8:50, we should arrive in Morgan Hill close to 9:20-9:30.

-Jared

Hey Jared,

Sure will meet you there.

Anudeep

I saw a picture from Colin on fb with the rover coming out of tank traps. Nice.

Thanks Enrique. She is definitely in a better place now. Again thanks everyone. I wished I could be there today. I'm glad you all made it home safely. Next month week be better.

Quite an eventful day I would say...these are the pictures I have. I took mostly video, I'll upload that a little later. Great job, Colin and everyone that helped.

I was going to call "photoshop", but I know better ...

That was supposed to be the party-trick for the Annual!!!!

Regards,

Graeme

It was a fun day and Don DEFINITELY WON THE AWARD for most bad a$$ !!!!!!!!! I have some photos and videos that I will upload later, but lots of fun and great seeing everyone.

Oh no, I didn't come close. After you left Colin got crazy. I think Anudeep and Ulysis have video. Waaay more crazy than I'm going to try.

Though it does make me think a little more about what it would cost to build my own Classic rock crawler....but Michele has made it clear I am not to bring home any more cars/bikes/boats until I get rid of some of the stuff we already have.

No broken winch line, so I assume my splice held ok;)

Hopefully that was just the pre run for the Annual...

To be honest he didn't need that much winch. I take this to mean we just need a bigger challenge.

Archived