NCLR Club is officially a Tread Lightly Club Member

LandRonB

Hi NCLR Club Members,

Our club is now officially a "Tread Lightly Club Member": http://www.treadlightly.org/

Thanks to the NCLR Officers and Board of Directors for Making the Decision!

What is Tread Lightly?

Tread Lightly, Inc. is a national nonprofit organization with a mission to proactively protect recreation access and opportunities in the outdoors through education and stewardship initiatives: http://www.treadlightly.org/page.php/aboutus/About-Us.html

What are the benefits of NCLR being a Club Member?

Being a club member provides a way to express our concerns for the deterioration of recreational opportunities.

Clubs and Associations play a critical role in disseminating Tread Lightly!’s message, principles and educational materials to peers and others while at the same time building enthusiasm for the program.

Show our club members, prospective members and sponsors that we support Tread Lightly principles: http://www.treadlightly.org/page.php/education-onlinecourse/Online-Awareness-Course

Tangible Benefits

-Receive free Tread Lightly! educational materials, annually.

-15 copies of Tread Lightly!’s "Trails" bi-annual newsletter.

-Tread Lightly! banner-28x72 full color banner.

-Your choice of guidebook to responsible recreation.

-Listed in Tread lightly! newsletter as a new member.

-One automatic (yes our Club's name is in the pot) entry to win a fantastic outdoor gear package (date of drawing to be announced).

Intangible Benefits

-Opportunities for involvement in proactive projects.

-An “insurance policy†against future regulation (by demonstrating commitment to responsible recreation).

-An opportunity to help reduce conflicts among different recreational groups.

Members get discount @ the Tread Lighty online store!

And we have an opportunity to purchase apparels, decals, etc... @ the Tread Lightly online store. Members received a discount.

With this said, if anyone is interested in ordering merchandise from Tread Lightly, let me know.

We're centralizing the ordering process. I will be the point person whom you want to PM or email request. Doing this for a couple of reasons:

- We only have one club user ID/password to the online store,

- consolidate orders and save on shipping by submitting orders once a month.

To Place your Order(s):

- Visit the Tread Lightly online store: http://www.treadlightly.org/page.php/store-featured/Featured.html

- PM me the quantity, description, color and price listed online.

- I will reply back by confirming your order and est shipping cost.

- Once all the orders are in, I will place all orders at the end of the month.

- Shipping could take 5-10 days; I will notify you when orders have arrived, collect payments, and coordinate drop-off or distribution perhaps in next wheeling trip or gathering.

Popular items to buy (apparels made by Cabela's for Tread Lightly):

- Knit Hat (reg price $8; member price $6.40)

- Polo Shirt (reg price $30; member price $25)

- Two tone ball cap (reg price $8; member price $6.40)

- 4x5 Decal (reg price $2; member price $1.50)

Great Holiday Gifts; get your order in by Monday Dec 10, and should be here before Mexxis gathering or way before Christmas!

http://www.treadlightly.org/files/product/images/t9211184619894.jpgTread Lightly! White Window Decal (4x5) Get me like 4

and

http://www.treadlightly.org/files/product/images/t6311184619868.jpg Tread Lightly! White Window Decal 4 too....that way I can decide which one I like, put them on both sides of the truck and give the others to friends...

too bad the shirts only come in XL, not Size TENT like I need..

AND Trails Illustrated Topographical Maps Death Valley NP/CA...I want to go out there, so I'll take a look at one of these maps...

Hey Cameron, Steven, and Keptin,

Got your orders; thanks guys for your support! I'm compiling all the orders and will get them in by Monday. Will save shipping by ordering once and will div cost accordingly. C yah all.

Here are the Orders for Monday (parsed them by products, color/type, and then your names):

Who Ordered:

Orders from: Ron, Steven, Mike, Eric, Gary, and Keptin

What I Ordered:

Knit Hats $6.40ea (Black, Olive, Wheat, Grey, Orange)

Steven 6x (1ea for 5 unique colors, 6th black)

Ron 2x (1 black, 1 olive)

Eric 2x (1 black, 1 olive)

Total 10x Knit Hats

4x5 Tread Lightly Decal $1.50ea

Mike 4x

Gary 3x

Steven 4x

Keptin 1x

Total 12x Stickers

Horizontal White Tread Lightly Decal $2.00ea

Mike 4x

Keptin 1x

Total 5x Stickers

Polo Shirt $25.00ea (White)

Ron 1x

Pro Fishing Rain Jacket $30.40ea (Black)

Ron 1x

Trail Map $7.20ea

Mike Death Valley 1x

Clearance Tread Lightly Camping Decal .30ea

Our Shipping Cost via UPS Priority Mail

Only $9.90 (vs having to order indv and ea pay Priority Mail)

No tax (orders coming from UT)

Div Cost of Shipping

Not scientific, figured fair to div $9.90 cost from folks who ordered bulkier items (e.g. I ordered a jacket) to light weight (just decals): Ron ($4.00), Steven ($2.00), Eric ($2.00), Mike ($1.00), Gary (.45), Keptin (.45)

Who Owes Me What and How Much (I prepaid our orders)

Ron

1 Jacket $30.40

1 Polo Shirt $25.00

2 Knit Hats 6.40ea

Camping Decal .30

Share of Shipping $4.00

Total $72.50

Steven

6 Knit Hats 6.40ea

4 4x4 Decals 1.50

Share of Shipping Cost $2.00

Total $46.4

Eric

2 Knit Caps 6.40ea

Share of Shipping $2.00

Total $14.80

Mike

4 4x5 Decals $1.50

4 4x5 Decals (Horizontal) $2.00

Trail Map $7.20

Share of Shipping $1.00

Total $22.20

Gary

3 4x4 Decals $1.50

Share of Shipping .45

Total $4.95

Keptin

1 4x5 Decal $1.50

1 4x5 Decal (Horizontal) $2.00

Share of Shipping .45

Total $3.95

Grand Total for Our Order $164.80

Will hand your items @ Mexxis or next gathering; write me a check or cash is ok. This was a special order to get them in time for our NCLR holiday gathering @ Mexxis.

If you missed Monday's deadline, that's ok; still submit your order and will process them at month end and hope to get them in 1 week time.

C yah all @ Mexxis!

I forgot to include Disco2Guy's order from LRRForums yesterday: a couple of Tread Lightly decals. http://www.lrrforums.com/showpost.php?p=59235&postcount=5

I was counting the orders from this site; then realized I had accepted Disco2Guy's order thru LRRForums.

Good news I had pre-ordered a doz stickers earlier (a week ago) as back-up stock in case I miss one or two decal orders, or folks want decals last min req. Will keep a doz or so decals on-going supply handy. :)

Anyways, I will bring the extra decals @ Mexxis for Disco2Guy or anyone else e.g. Rupert, Cameron, let me know. $2.00ea including shipping.

C yah @ Mexxis.

Sorry to annouce; I have not received the Tread Lightly orders (Placed Monday 12/10) as of Friday eve.

Should have come in via USPS Priority Mail by Friday.

I called and ask for updated status today (waiting for callback yet).

I was foreward Wednesday by Tread Lightly (when I called to get status; you can tell I am as anxious) that if they don't get all the stock-in, they will hold shipping (apparrels coming from Cabelas); they want to ship all @ once.

Will wait for Saturday's mail; most likely will just contact each of you when your orders come-in; then we can arrange drop-off and payment.

I have (back-up) 12 4x5 Tread Lightly decals, and can sell them to you (will just subtract it from your order); Will bring them to Mexxis.

C yah all!

Update: Spoke to Tracy from Tread Lightly, and our stickers were ready for shipping, but the apparels are not.

Apparels e.g. knit hats, shirts are out-sourced to Cabela's who has to embroid Tread Lightly on each clothing.

Cabela's is backed logged with the embroidery work.

New estimate will be after the New Year.

Perhaps we will have another gathering in Jan, and I can distribute them and collect then. C yah and happy holidays! Sorry for the delay!

• 1 month later...

Ok, finally your orders from Tread Lightly are here!

Took Cabelas time to embroid "Tread Lightly" on the beanies (Tread Lightly outsources this job to Cabelas; they turned out nice though).

And then I understand our orders ended lost/offered to another customer by Mistake! So had to re-order, wait for embroidery work from Cabelas again, and now there are here!

Sorry for the delay guys - out of my control. Lesson learned - order the stickers seperately (postage not too expensive for stickers)!

I can bring Mike's orders to the NCLR BOD meeting this Sat, and the others to the Shaver Lake Snow Run; let me know how you want to settle the orders/bill. here's what ea owes me:

Ron

1 Jacket $30.40 - by the way for sale same price + $2.00 shipping, very nice hooded shell jacket from Cabela's w/extra inner lining for warmth; large size; black; with white Tread Lightly embroided; really nice; price went up since last year - Treadlightly now sells the same jacket for $40 non-member/$38 member price + shipping $10 (I just bought a Mountain Hardwear shell Jacket)

1 Polo Shirt $25.00

2 Knit Hats 6.40ea

Camping Decal .30

Share of Shipping $4.00

Total $72.50

Steven

6 Knit Hats 6.40ea

4 4x4 Decals 1.50

Total $46.4

Eric

2 Knit Caps 6.40ea

Share of Shipping $2.00

Total $14.80

Mike

4 4x5 Decals $1.50

Trail Map $7.20

Share of Shipping $1.00

Total $22.20

Gary

3 4x4 Decals $1.50

Share of Shipping .45

Total $4.95

Keptin

1 4x5 Decal $1.50

Share of Shipping .45

Total $3.95

Grand Total for Our Order $164.80 (Ron prepaid the orders already; just need to get reimb)

Here are the Orders for Monday (parsed them by products, color/type, and then your names):

Who Ordered:

Orders from: Ron, Steven, Mike, Eric, Gary, and Keptin

What I Ordered:

Knit Hats $6.40ea (Black, Olive, Wheat, Grey, Orange)

Steven 6x (1ea for 5 unique colors, 6th black)

Ron 2x (1 black, 1 olive)

Eric 2x (1 black, 1 olive)

Total 10x Knit Hats

4x5 Tread Lightly Decal $1.50ea

Mike 4x

Gary 3x

Steven 4x

Keptin 1x

Total 12x Stickers

Horizontal White Tread Lightly Decal $2.00ea

Mike 4x

Keptin 1x

Total 5x Stickers

Polo Shirt $25.00ea (White)

Ron 1x

Pro Fishing Rain Jacket $30.40ea (Black)

Ron 1x

Trail Map $7.20ea

Mike Death Valley 1x

Clearance Tread Lightly Camping Decal .30ea

Our Shipping Cost via UPS Priority Mail

Only $9.90 (vs having to order indv and ea pay Priority Mail)

No tax (orders coming from UT)

Div Cost of Shipping

Not scientific, figured fair to div $9.90 cost from folks who ordered bulkier items (e.g. I ordered a jacket) to light weight (just decals): Ron ($4.00), Steven ($2.00), Eric ($2.00), Mike ($1.00), Gary (.45), Keptin (.45)

Who Owes Me What and How Much (I prepaid our orders)

Ron

1 Jacket $30.40

1 Polo Shirt $25.00

2 Knit Hats 6.40ea

Camping Decal .30

Share of Shipping $4.00

Total $72.50

Steven

6 Knit Hats 6.40ea

4 4x4 Decals 1.50

Total $46.4

Eric

2 Knit Caps 6.40ea

Share of Shipping $2.00

Total $14.80

Mike

4 4x5 Decals $1.50

Trail Map $7.20

Share of Shipping $1.00

Total $22.20

Gary

3 4x4 Decals $1.50

Share of Shipping .45

Total $4.95

Keptin

1 4x5 Decal $1.50

Share of Shipping .45

Total $3.95

Grand Total for Our Order $164.80

Will hand your items @ Mexxis or next gathering; write me a check or cash is ok. This was a special order to get them in time for our NCLR holiday gathering @ Mexxis.

If you missed Monday's deadline, that's ok; still submit your order and will process them at month end and hope to get them in 1 week time.

C yah all @ Mexxis!

Mike and Gary settled their share and got their items.

I will bring Eric and Keptin's items @ Shaver Lake, and Steven - hope you can make it to Shaver Lake; otherwise, will catch up in Modesto.

David Bregman - thanks for buying the weather/water proof jacket w/ "Tread Lightly" embroid. Good seeing you. Work hard for our expensive LR hobby!

By the way, you scored; great deal/price on that jacket for $30.40 (last year's special price). Actually went up this year to $38 Member Price and $43 Non-Member plus shipping.

Mike, ok, I got it. Pronounced tre....ad lightly not thre...ad right! :))

Gary or anyone, if you want to order from the Tread Lightly store, check out what you want and let me know. We get member pricing using our NCLR id/password. This id/password is linked to my mailing address and credit card. Just pay me back later.

- - -

Steven

6 Knit Hats 6.40ea

4 4x4 Decals 1.50

Total $46.4

Eric

2 Knit Caps 6.40ea

Share of Shipping $2.00

Total $14.80

Keptin

1 4x5 Decal $1.50