OFFICIAL - Mojave Road 2013

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply
We could convert it to a 300TDI??? it may get 22MPG then

If you are talking to me, I'd love to convert it...but I live in CARB country....

Maybe if I took it to another home..

Brenton,

I'll be heading down on Wed. probably stay in Tehachapi ,fill up in Barstow Thurs., and hope to be at Avi by 4pm.

Sun. depending on how far west the group ends up, I'll break off and head to Vegas.

Rupert

Brenton,

I'll be heading down on Wed. probably stay in Tehachapi ,fill up in Barstow Thurs., and hope to be at Avi by 4pm.

Sun. depending on how far west the group ends up, I'll break off and head to Vegas.

Rupert

That sounds good Rupert. We may be close enough on Saturday that you could and Mike could drive together to reach I-15, if Mike still needs to leave Saturday as well.

I haven't seen any. We'll just stick with simplex for the trip. Also, I only have an HT so if we get strung out too far I may need someone in the middle to rely any messages to the back. Mike has offered to be take the Tail Gunner position on the trail.

Firewood?

I can bring 6+ cuft in my trailer. What we don't use you'll have to take back..... :)

So what will the weather temp be at nite?

Do I bring a zero bag, a 20 degree bag or 30 degree car camping bag?

That info is in the trip sheet in the first post.

For firewood, I plan to bring 2 of the large boxes from Safeway. That's about 6 cu ft.

Average temps for September are 90's during the day and 60's at night. Plan cooler temps if the wind picks up, especially Afton Campground.

Tropical Storm Ivo-

Flash Flood Watch for Eastern Mojave Desert Including The Mojave National Preserve

From 5:00 AM PDT, Sun., Aug 25, 2013 until 8:00 PM PDT, Mon., Aug 26, 2013

If it gets hit again with rain, I hope those 100* temps dry out the trail and Soda Lake.

I called Mojave Preserve asking about the conditions at Soda Lake. They will pass my name and number to a Ranger and have them call with an update next week.

I will plan to leave butt early Thursday so I can meet you guys to camp Thursday night. 110 is getting finished up with a new radiator, front axles, springs/shocks by the end of the week. want to test it a bit before heading down in case there are any issues, especially with the cooling system (such as it is).

Any other advice/recommendations from you vets?

Hey everyone. The Mojave trip is quickly upon us, and I'd like to have a driver's meeting via conference call next week. If we can set a time in the evening that works for most people to answer any last minute questions, and I can go over the itinerary, we should be all set. I'm heading to the east coast Thursday early am and will be back Mon night. Internet access will be spotty, but I will check this thread and voice mail when available.

So, is there a time that works in the evening 9/3 - 9/6 (Tues - Fri)?

Brenton, I have to drop out too as I have been determined to set up a vehicle for the trip only to be overwhelmed by side jobs that pay $. to add insult unbeknownst to me I am attending a long lost cousin's wedding in Steamboat springs the weekend of the Annual ( No really!) Perhaps this is for the better as I hope to have a well prepped vehicle for the new year.

Hey everyone. The Mojave trip is quickly upon us, and I'd like to have a driver's meeting via conference call next week. If we can set a time in the evening that works for most people to answer any last minute questions, and I can go over the itinerary, we should be all set. I'm heading to the east coast Thursday early am and will be back Mon night. Internet access will be spotty, but I will check this thread and voice mail when available.

So, is there a time that works in the evening 9/3 - 9/6 (Tues - Fri)?

I am available at any of these dates.

Brenton, I have to drop out too as I have been determined to set up a vehicle for the trip only to be overwhelmed by side jobs that pay $. to add insult unbeknownst to me I am attending a long lost cousin's wedding in Steamboat springs the weekend of the Annual ( No really!) Perhaps this is for the better as I hope to have a well prepped vehicle for the new year.

Too bad Nathan. Maybe you can make it for Shaver;)

Archived