Metero Shower Trip August 9-11 Gauging Interest Thread

I got back in town around 4pm. I had an awesome time! It was nice to see familiar and new faces. Looking forward to make this trip next year again.

Here are some of the pictures i took during the trip. I was experimenting with my camera and try to shoot some pictures at night wit no luck until Ron gave me some pointers and go some good shots.

http://smu.gs/16F12Dt

AA

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks everyone for making a great weekend. Tegan and I had a blast. We were sad to see everyone scoot out so early on Sunday morning. We hung around until about 1:30 and had the place to ourselves. It was a great afternoon. In the future if you guys get caught in traffic on 80 between truckee and hwy 20 just jump off on donner pass road. It's a frontage road that will bypass miles of crawling traffic. If 80 is still backed up when donner pass road ends its only 2 exits until you hit hwy 20 which will take you past grass valley and eventualyl dump you out in auburn by in-n-out. A few more miles but you will be moving, always better in my book. Happy trails.

Since this shower is an annual event, any chance on making this trip a reoccurring trip?

Jason and all....to answer the question about a recurring trip: YES!! I am happy to coordinate this trip but since it is so easy to do anyone is welcome to take over. For next year I have a few ideas already: plan to go thursday night(I like night driving) and enjoy more time at the lake, arrange formal trail runs for saturday since there are a bunch of lakes in the area etc, there are multiple ways to the lake, this year we took the fast route in but there is a nice longer route which goes by Bowman lake which I would like to do next year, maybe a fishing competition? Hopefully my little guys will fair better next year but I still had fun this year.

Great trip! Definitely would be interested in making it a little longer of a visit next time! Driving back home in the daylight I realized that the Fordyce Trail exit shares that dirt road so I think we could definitely find some awesome trail runs. looking forward to next year!

We were sad to see everyone scoot out so early on Sunday morning. We hung around until about 1:30 and had the place to ourselves. It was a great afternoon. In the future if you guys get caught in traffic on 80 between truckee and hwy 20 just jump off on donner pass road. It's a frontage road that will bypass miles of crawling traffic.

Hey Jason, good seeing you and your wife; my wife and two boys had a blast, but had to jam early Sunday (we left at 10am) to make it back to the Area for another commitment. Made it just in-time, but it was bad traffic from Truckee; thanks for the short cut tip. If we didn't have to leave early, I would have stayed back till after lunch next time.

Agree, should make this an annual event!

Archived