OFFICIAL - Death Valley Easter Potluck Dinner

As is traditional, we will have both an Easter egg hunt and a Easter Sunday Potluck at Gold Point on 3/31.

Everyone should try to bring some easter eggs and candy so we can fill them up the night before for the egg hunt. Make sure NOT to bring any candy to fill the eggs that has nuts of any sort since one of the children has a nut allergy.

So far, I've gotten the following information from the people on the trip as to what they will be bringing:

• Chuck and Linda - - Ham in dutch oven

• Enrique -- Ham

• Suttle Krew - - Jambalya from Kevin's special recipe

• Beaver - - Lasagna

• Brenton - a Salad of the leafy variety -- plus dressing of 3 varieties

• Ted - Rolls and Garlic Bread

• Barry and Stan - Cherry Cobbler

• Rob - Blueberry Cobbler

• Ron and Christopher - Easter Libations of the alcholic variety

• Sean - Salad, corn, peas

• Bill - homeade wine...

For those of you who haven't selected an item yet, here are some ideas (we assume everyone is bringing plates/condiments, etc)

• Could use 1 more people to bring salads - sald in a bag, pasta salad, etc

• Could use 2 people to bring veggies - either raw or canned

• Ron and Christopher could probably use some help with libations

• If you have a special camp food that you like to cook, or other desserts, feel free to post em up

So if Dan, Colin, and Paul could post up what you are bringing, we can complete Sunday's menu.

On Friday night, we will probably do another impromptu pot-luck - to eat up all the left over food. So in your individual menu planning -- think about that night as a good one to have food you can share.....it will be our second night at the same location so it will be easier to cook.

Recovery Equipment.

I'm sure this topic will be covered on Sunday but wanted to bring up if i should carry the Pull Pal and/or the HiLift or because we have some many trucks going it won't be necessary (pull each other out).

Also, shovel, ax, chain saw?

I don't think we need a chain saw. Not a lot of trees. Extra shovel is always good. We will be splitting up a bit, so having your own Hi lift along isn't a bad idea. But if you are having real packing challenges you can leave it behind -- most of us will be quite armed and ready for recovery efforts. I also think the pull-pall might be a bit of overkill-- but this would be the type of country you could use it in--also if someone has length of chain (that we could use to anchor to a rock) that would be one good thing to bring along.

The only type of recovery other than the normal I might see would be getting stuck in deep sand on the last day when we are in the dunes. So now that I think about it -- pull pal might be nice...if you have room...

Jamie and I will bring a pasta salad of some sort for the potluck. I am not sure if we need to notify Sheriff Stone in advance for meals but Jamie and I will buy the Goldpoint Special dinner on Friday and Saturday and most likely breakfast on Saturday and Sunday. Cant wait to be back out in the desert with everyone!

Will I need to bring my own dinner Thursday night?

He will cook for you if you make it by dinner time. Just need to tell him. We will be arriving late (after dinner is served) so no dinner for me. I will call him and let him know who is coming in when this weekend. Tell me if you want dinner waiting!

Archived