Nevada Trophy 2013

Looks like the Nevada trophy is going to be in the fall this year. I don't know if I will compete (I have been asked to provide medical support for the event just so my bias is up front) but I think this would be a great event for club members. It's relatively close, its just a long weekend, and it should be fun. what is the interest?

On a related topic but too lazy to start a new thread. we need to get an annual competitive event that NCLR hosts (like Lucky 8 with the Rovers on the Rocks). Need to find a place that we can set up some driving tasks, and special Camel Trophy type tasks.

Looks like the Nevada trophy is going to be in the fall this year. I don't know if I will compete (I have been asked to provide medical support for the event just so my bias is up front) but I think this would be a great event for club members. It's relatively close, its just a long weekend, and it should be fun. what is the interest?

On a related topic but too lazy to start a new thread. we need to get an annual competitive event that NCLR hosts (like Lucky 8 with the Rovers on the Rocks). Need to find a place that we can set up some driving tasks, and special Camel Trophy type tasks.

I Would like to propose Christopher Solis as a Director :)

Yes I have been approached (pinned down and tickled until I agreed to do it...kidding) about being a director and I am happy to throw my name in the hat for election. I actually have time to make these things happen (new job etc) and I see a great active future for the club. I know this is a relatively young club but in the last few years (from when I was just stalking to now as an active member) the number of daily posts to the forum has jumped significantly, which means more active members which is great. But we can do so much more. We have a huge repository of skill, knowledge and talent in this club and it should be cultivated and encouraged! so let me know what I have to do for the director thing.

As for new threads I'm on that today! just so i can keep track: 1: Rover's on the Rocks Nor Cal Edition 2: Mini events quarterly (see 5 off road skills thread) 3: Nevada trophy Thread 4: regular wrenching days (can pick different locations) 5: BBQ and pool days just because ;) that should do for today.

Yes I have been approached (pinned down and tickled until I agreed to do it...kidding) about being a director and I am happy to throw my name in the hat for election. I actually have time to make these things happen (new job etc) and I see a great active future for the club. I know this is a relatively young club but in the last few years (from when I was just stalking to now as an active member) the number of daily posts to the forum has jumped significantly, which means more active members which is great. But we can do so much more. We have a huge repository of skill, knowledge and talent in this club and it should be cultivated and encouraged! so let me know what I have to do for the director thing.

As for new threads I'm on that today! just so i can keep track: 1: Rover's on the Rocks Nor Cal Edition 2: Mini events quarterly (see 5 off road skills thread) 3: Nevada trophy Thread 4: regular wrenching days (can pick different locations) 5: BBQ and pool days just because ;) that should do for today.

Wait, you got tickled?? Brenton WTH?

I too was honored to be approached about considering a Director role and I enthusiastically add my name to the esteemed list of folks up for election. There, I said it... phew..

As for Rover's on the Rock's NCE- I think that would be great! Not knowing much about that event this may or may not be similar: In the boating community (car too?) there is a notion of a Poker Run. Perhaps a run set up around Hollister Hills where teams have to over-come obstacles including navigation, etc... to get to each check point for the next card...

Team Mobraten? Team WhtRovr? Team RRClassic? Team Fab (Pedram- you can take this both ways ;-) etc... NOT a speed thing, be safe, have fun, get cards, back to "camp" to play the hand and win prizes... SCLR folks? Friendly Jeepers? Sponsors?

Chris, Happy to take this to the new thread as this topic is in General, not Members only

Yeah I saw that... Def want to talk to them as well. I need to talk to some of the "old timers" about this Nevada Trophy bit as I have talked to the organizer (Mike Green who helps me with my CT) and there seems to be some history. I want to make sure I know both sides of the story. Since the NT is already planned i thought it would be a good place to enter, help with volunteers, etc. as I said I am planning on helping with it. It would be great to either have some NCLR Teams or volunteers or both. I just talked to Mike yesterday about it so if anyone has questions let me know. I learned some of the ways he sets things up (insurance, permits, etc).

Hey Chris, you are on to something; like the ideal of a NCLR hosted competitive event. Tom, Chuck and I volunteered for ham communication support for the Mendocino Rally last year - fun event, but would rather put the energy and time to our own event.

Much like our Shaver Lake Snow Run which Brenton has taken the torch/lead this trip we started almost 5 years ago; it's a signature event club members and guest can expect every year; not saying it's competitive; can be; but you get the idea of having our NCLR signature event.

Just keep us posted on your idea(s) and also let us know if you need help. You can lead the planning and setup a planning committe where we can brainstorm and parse assignments e.g. someone do fundraising, sponsors, check liabilities...

Let's do this. We have 3 Camel Trophy Defenders in the club that we can use for PR; you have a bunch of talented and knowledgable club members... We've established good rapport from vendors e.g. BajaRack, Tepui, Redwood City Land Rover... many others including Chef Enrique who can help w/catering.

Archived