PISMO, Fail. Epic Fail.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The link to the album works, but the photos all come up dead saying the originals have been moved or deleted. I did click one and follow it to photobucket but no-go. I did however find some really cool fish-lamp pictures.

I know Jarrod uses i-stuff, so I may just not be able to paly his video since I live in PC/IE-11 land.

It was a great time at the MORG on Saturday - had a blast seeing everyone and playing in the mud and making the trek up to the outlook. Awesome time with a lot of great rigs and company.

Here is a link to my photos:

http://smg.photobucket.com/user/EireAngus/library/March%202014%20MORG

Josh is planning to join NCLR, but here is a link to his photos:

http://s1366.photobucket.com/user/jdbrincks/library/Photobucket%20Desktop%20-%20Josh%20Brinckss%20MacBook%20Pro/Hollister%2013-0706/Hollister%2014-0301

Thanks to Tom and Barron for posting their photos - some awesome shots in all these albums.

Looking forward to the next MORG or outing.... likely by then will have my new sliders and plates installed.

-David

glad you guys had fun.

what I find interesting is the evolution of things...

I remember well all the discussions we used to have about the LR3 and whether it was a true rover or not. then a few guys picked one up (like Squatch) and we learned to appreciate the truck's capabilities. then fast-forward to now and it's all LR3's and 4's. used to be all discos with a few classics and a couple defenders. guess it's the nature of things...

I know Jarrod uses i-stuff, so I may just not be able to paly his video since I live in PC/IE-11 land.

Hi Don;

I republished in .m4v format... should be Windows-compatible now. It was in Apple QuickTime (.mov) format - old habits die hard.

Also, for anyone who wants to see where we went, I breadcrumbed our path and exported it to EveryTrail.

GPX available here.

-Jared

glad you guys had fun.

what I find interesting is the evolution of things...

I remember well all the discussions we used to have about the LR3 and whether it was a true rover or not. then a few guys picked one up (like Squatch) and we learned to appreciate the truck's capabilities. then fast-forward to now and it's all LR3's and 4's. used to be all discos with a few classics and a couple defenders. guess it's the nature of things...

Wish I could've made it out, but at least the snow was nice. It's nice to see some of the "old" Rovers out. I remember when I first got into this I was always wishing to see more new Rovers, and now it feels nice to see the RRCs and D1s out.

But then I get jealous of how comfy the newer ones are.

I was a little surprised at the ratio as well but it makes sense I guess. The LR3 is getting old enough now and prices are coming down to a point where people are more willing to take them out and bang them around. If I had bought a new LR4 at $60-70K instead of my old '07 truck for less than 1/3 that I'd be a little hesitant to really USE it as well.

They seem to be a great platform for mild wheeling and travel. They are easy to drive and so far the air suspension been pretty reliable unlike previous generations (*cough Antonio cough*). Of course, when you really want to push things the older Disco/Classic/Defender/etc platforms can be taken much further than the LR3/4. For example, it's almost impossible to get more than 32" of tire under these things...which is why I've got skids and sliders on the way!

Wish I could've made it out, but at least the snow was nice. It's nice to see some of the "old" Rovers out. I remember when I first got into this I was always wishing to see more new Rovers, and now it feels nice to see the RRCs and D1s out.

we are the ones that will be jealous soon enough, mr. G63. ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sAmz-Evlmxk

The link to the album works, but the photos all come up dead saying the originals have been moved or deleted. I did click one and follow it to photobucket but no-go. I did however find some really cool fish-lamp pictures.

I know what I did now. My fault. I just edited it but I'll just leave the link to the full photos instead of posting them all up again.

found my old craigslist pics huh? haha

Missed you on the trails! Next time.

Good thing my fiancee has no interest in forums, especially Rover forums, otherwise the cat would be out of the bag :) Maybe I can sneak the G63 into the annual...

Please, please can I sit in it?!?!?!? :-)

I drove a G500 a few years ago and fell in love. I'd sell my wives for a G63...woops. Did i say that out loud?

Archived