Fuse box project

El Solis

So I wanted to have power in the back of the CT but also didn't want a bunch of sloppy wires zip tied to the roll cage so I started a project to clean up the wiring and provide for a fused system that was expandable in the future. Here is what I came up with.

Ran welding cable from a circuit breaker in the battery box. Power all from secondary battery. Entered the rear cargo area and hooked into power distribution blocks. This way the compressor has a nice clean feed of 2/0 gauge wire and then off to the "fuse box"[ATTACH]4322[/ATTACH]

I then used bulkhead glans to create a waterproof in/out to a pelican box. [ATTACH]4323[/ATTACH][ATTACH]4324[/ATTACH][ATTACH]4325[/ATTACH]

These connect to a blue sea 12 station fuse box. [ATTACH]4326[/ATTACH]

Then out to the devices that need power. This will allow for fused power with each device on its own circuit. Also allows to easily add a circuit.

Since the box is tucked away I wanted to be able to access it easily so waterproof quick disconnects were put in place out side of the box, all hidden behind the box when installed. [ATTACH]4327[/ATTACH][ATTACH]4328[/ATTACH][ATTACH]4329[/ATTACH][ATTACH]4330[/ATTACH][ATTACH]4331[/ATTACH]

Con't

I do recommend getting the removal tool for the $2[ATTACH]4332[/ATTACH]

I found a weather resistant and vibration resistant amp that powers an iPhone/iPod so I leave the amp and the iPod in the pelican and the control unit is on the front dash, weather resistant, big easy to see and use buttons (glove friendly and when bouncing around easy to use)[ATTACH]4333[/ATTACH]

I'll post the finished product once I finish (have to put the connectors in the car and snap them together)

Archived