Alaska Rally

Alaska is not in my cards this year as some others here who wanted to go. Rupert is still moving forward w/a trip to Alaska in June this year.

Next year might be better. Speaking of this, a group from Expedition Portal is planning an Alaska Rally; same group that put the Maya Rally last December together.

I think it would be great to have "Team NCLR" for this Alaska Rally.

Rough plans so far are (from Expo portal): "June or July trip (not confirmed yet), start in Seattle, WA and then drive through BC/Yukon, go to Anchorage for the Solstice Festival (June 22nd), then up to Prudhoe Bay for a "Top of the World" party (or alternatively the "Top of the World" highway). The Rally will follow the same idea - a scavenger hunt around a specific theme, a lot of fun activities along the way, and a big gathering at the end for the teams who finish. Obviously the actual route still need to be defined".

Link: http://www.expeditionportal.com/forum/threads/94432-Feeler-post-Anyone-interested-in-an-sequel-to-the-Maya-Rally-The-2013-Alaska-Rally!

Anyone interested this trip in 2014?

Their "rally" @ this pt of planning is too "bling-bling". Many seem to think there are plenty off-road trails. WRONG! All the major hwys of AK are paved. Even the Dalton is being paved. Granted parts of Haul rd is still WIDE 2 lane packed, similar to a FS rd down here. If you want an adventuresome rd, try the Dempster in CN. I think my 1st trip up to AK was pretty darn good. Can't wait for trip #2 to really see AK without the time schedule. Wonder what Brian's thoughts are, he's been up there 3(?) times.

Anyway, I can help club plan a 2014 trip.

Archived