planned and proposed trips for 2013

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yeah. I have access to a better map, with clearly marked areas. About a third of Baja is red, in total. ::shrugs:: No mater what, I can't go there at all. I would hope the more remote places are safe. Wanna borrow an AR?

LOL, haven't fired one of those since my Vietnam era days. Full mag only...none of this Obama,Feinstein <10 loads. Anyway it's "illegal" in Mex. unless it's part of a DEA/DOJ/ATF weapons exchange. LOL

I am down for Baja Mex any time.

Sometimes I wonder who comes up with those maps and what is the criteria use. I would like to compare Baja Mex against Oakland and see how they compare.

AA

Mexico: Dean's AR

Oakland: .50cal

LOL

You Wussies. Oakland isn't that bad (I grew up there and my folks still live there). Just don't be stupid and sell drugs, hang out on street corners around drug sales, avoid west of east 14th (yes I still call it east 14th not international blvd) after dark and you are fine.

Question / Trip idea

Has anyone been to Pinnacles National Monument near Hollister? Apparently the campsites aren't too far "off the beaten path" but there seems to be great scenery and hiking etc... Also, about 2hrs drive (65mi) SE, there is an old Ghost town called New Indria. That town is on the way to the new closed Clear Creek Rec area.

Anyway, it looks like an easy warm-up to get one's camping gear in order for the season and maybe take a convoy out to New Indria as well...

It looks to be open year round, anyone have input on best times, worst times, temps, reservations etc? (They do have group sites...)

Throwing it out there..

Tom

I was there last summer, with our church youth group. Lots of nice hiking, and it is quite beautiful. New Indria is where the old Molina Ghost Run used to visit, nice place. I normally go to Pinnacles in mid to late spring, when it's not too hot. Summers there are blisteringly hot. Theres some great caves to check out though. Nights get quite chilly, even in summer. Snow is not unheard of in winter. Snakes are common, so kids must be watched. But I've taken 8 - 12 year old boys there for weekend trips quite a few times. many of the campsites have water, but not all.

Overall, it's a very nice place. And the ghost town is very cool.

Archived