OFFICIAL: 6th Annual NCLR Shaver Lake Snow Run, Feb. 8-10 2013

Yeah, it took them 3-4 days to get back to Lutzi. I faxed my request on the 4th, resent it on the 15th, and finally got a call back 15 minutes later. If you don't hear anything from them by EOD Friday, try calling them on Monday. However, the 5 times I tried calling, there was only a machine telling you to call back.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The one that was donated to the Club was part of the raffle in 2011.

About camp sites. I heard from an SCLR attendee that the Office would accept reservations on the spot (on Friday). I'm going to find an easier way to do this next year. This has been, by far, the worst year for making reservations.

Only one week to go!

Where is everyone planning to meet; Gilroy @9:30, Madera @11:30, or Camp Edison? We don't want to leave you behind if you're running a little late. And, it will help ensure we get enough camping permits for those arriving after the office closes (4pm Fri).

Looks like camp will be pretty much snow free again. If time allows, we can check out the trail conditions on Rock Creek Road, or Bald Mountain Trail if it's like last year.

One week should be enough time to make snow fall at camp. I hear it's going to rain soon!!!!

I'm really excited. I even had stayed up all day today after work to install my newish rear diff. After breaking of course. But it's all good now. All new bearings and a new seal. I'm not taking chances before this trip. I took it for a test around the block and it feels fine. I am going to take the Disco to work in the morning to test it out some more.

I'll be in Gilroy with you guys Friday morning. Is Dan still going? Do I need to make room in my truck? I will take him if he permits. I don't know what the plan is yet but I'm here if you need me Dan.

I'll post up if we are able to make it. Started getting strange codes about my transmissions XYZ switch, and flashing M&S lights that caused it to go into limp mode. Clears when I restart, but not something I want to risk on a long trip.

It's down at Cerrone's -- we will see if I can get it back by Thursday or not. Right now it looks hopeful, but not sure...

Looks like we should get 4-6" of snow with this new system rolling in today. Just in time for the trip! This year is looking to have a more manageable number of attendees, and if Rock Creek Rd. is pavement, we might all make it to the top of Bald Mountain.

Please be sure to bring lots of firewood, I'll probably have 2 of the large boxes from Safeway.

Archived