Rovers on the Rocks California Style

Hey any of you guys ever heard of Rovers on the Rocks? Lucky8 (Justin and his crew from the east coast) put this together every year. Looks like a lot of fun. We should try to find somewhere to host an event like this. It looks like fun. I'll do some more homework to see what exactly it involves. It would he a great way to get non members involved etc.

Also we should try a winter romp. I know we have shaver lake but what if we found a closer spot like a snow park that we could just mess around at. A Hollister in the snow.

That's cool. I'm hoping to find a non gov location to avoid issues w permits ;) need to find someone with lots of land!

Also hoping to make some snow runs in truckee this year as I have access to a cabin. Be a nice drive up fri, sleep in a warm bed, trail run sat, stay in a nice bed, home sun. Need to find trails to run up there

• 2 weeks later...

When I think of Rovers on the Rocks, Rubicon Trail comes to my mind.

Need sliders for sure; good 2-3 lift w/33s tires; and atleast a rear locker; having both front and rear lockers better.

Yeah I'm looking at feb realistically for the trip as my truck will need a few shakedown trips. March would be cool too. I really don't know any trails in the truckee area in the winter. Rubicon might be too much.

Also was trying to find a Hollister type place with trails but set obstacle courses for prizes etc and camping.

Archived