Official High Sierras Trip Thread

Enrique thank you so much!! I was really bummed and stressed about getting the truck ready. I will definitely take you up on your offer. I don't care which one I take so I will leave it up to you. If the LWB is ready to go then I can use that one and I will be gentle. If you would rather keep it nice and clean for selling I can get the D1 smogged. I am supposed to hear back today from the turbo place about getting a replacement (it is the only thing left on the engine to replace go figure) and maybe it will be here in time. I will be taking my dog who will shed a lot of black hair so this also might influence your decision as to which truck. I will keep everyone posted.

Chris

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Enrique thank you so much!! I was really bummed and stressed about getting the truck ready. I will definitely take you up on your offer. I don't care which one I take so I will leave it up to you. If the LWB is ready to go then I can use that one and I will be gentle. If you would rather keep it nice and clean for selling I can get the D1 smogged. I am supposed to hear back today from the turbo place about getting a replacement (it is the only thing left on the engine to replace go figure) and maybe it will be here in time. I will be taking my dog who will shed a lot of black hair so this also might influence your decision as to which truck. I will keep everyone posted.

Chris

D1 it is then. I can intall the dog barrier.

I'll take it to the shop and get a couple of issues resolved then smogged.

OK I have been cleared to announce the mystery guests!!!

Graeme and Ann will be joining us as the 6th truck!

Just an FYI Ann is a vegetarian and although we won't need to change the menus please try to have something that doesn't have meat in it when you make the group meal. if this is too much to ask let me know and I wll bring something for her (veggies are good for all of us remember)

Tremendous! We all owe you a beer or three Enrique.

Gonna make out like a bandit then, you have nine or ten people going...at three bottles per head....hummmm J/K

have fun guys, may be I'll join you next year.

Sorry for the late notice, Chris, but I'm out for this trip. Can't make it work with recent changes in my schedule and the fact that my bro is coming in from NY the following weekend. I simply can't be gone two weekends in a row. Have fun, guys!

That sucks I had my thong cleaned just for you! We understand.

We need to then help Graeme with Sundays dinner. Any volunteers? If I can take the CT I will have more room. As it is now I don't know how much space I will have.

I will send an updated trip sheet out tonight after work.

Griff!!!! I didn't save my receipt for the kiddie pool and pudding. What do I do now? I have 1200 boxes of instant pudding for sale now...be sure to check the For Sale section...

Bummer Griff. I was actually feeling pretty good about myself. Figured I was due a Griff reality check. You know, an endless weekend of backhanded compliments, mumbled digs and blatant verbal assaults. We'll miss you Pookie.

OK Everyone here is the latest update. For all of those in the closet (Sasquatch), Griff is out so we are down to 9 people, 5 trucks. I have included an updated trip sheet with all the current emergency contacts. I have also included 3 scans, one of the trail map of the area, the others are of written directions to the camp. I have circled the start and finish for those slightly challenged. We will need to rally together to help Graeme with Sunday dinner. Other than that I think we are good to go.

As for the CT, I will find out tomorrow if the replacement turbo has been delivered and can be installed in time. otherwise I will be using Enrique's D1 (for which I am truly grateful that he has many to choose from).

Okay so I'm almost done packing. I'm finding out that the downside to having a trailer with so much cargo capacity is that you end up filling it. So I am actually leaving Wednesday and am going to spend one night in Tahoe. I'll then leave Thursday morning to meet up with everyone in Bishop. Who wants to grab dinner that night in Bishop? Jess, Minka, and I are staying at the Holiday Inn Express.

TURBO IS IN AND AS OF 130PM tue the shop has already done the mock up and is working to get the hoses made and installed. things are looking good for taking the CT!

Enrique, I still want to keep the D1 as an option if you are OK with that since I don't have my truck back yet and anything can happen. You are the man for sure!! now you can tell your wife that you saved my summer by having a rental fleet of Rovers!

You folks have a safe and fun trip. Chris, pretty exciting that your 110 is coming together for the trip - well wishes. Work is getting in the way for me w/new assignments in Silicon Valley, but hope to catch-up w/trips later this fall.

Also Enrique, great deed indeed for offering your D1 as a back-up.

Yeah, my buddy's name is Billy. He lives in San Diego and will be riding his GS motorcycle up to Bishop and hop into my Rover there. I'm now leaving early morning Friday and heading up to Bishop at 11am for the meeting. I might caravan with Sasquatch but we'll see how that goes...See you all in a few days!

Do we need to bring firewood? I still need to get a fishing license as well...for my fishing poles with rods, lol

Yes Ron we need to get you out. We will have to make a weekend run to White Rock lake just north of truckee off 89 later in the fall. Be fun to get both CT's on the road/trail together.

Sounds good to me!

Ok it sounds like no campfires allowed this year. I'm trying to get an answer about propane campfires but it isn't looking good.

Next to Inyo National Forest is Sierra National Forest; doesn't have fire restrictions: http://www.fs.usda.gov/detailfull/sierra/recreation/?cid=fsbdev7_018117&width=full

Been to Voyager Rock (#64 trail of the California Backroad & 4-Wheel Drive book) on the way to Dusy Ershim two years ago. Fishing seems to be biting (right lure) but small (trouts); this was Aug/Sept time frame. FYI.

Archived