Wine Drive- Any Interest?

Sounds like a great trip. Unfortunately, I have a conference in LA that weekend.

I am interested in another trip or going to Napa in the future. My wife and I will leave the kids at home and enjoy some adult time...

• 3 weeks later...

OK my wife and I are in for May 6 wine tasting Ridge wines at Monte Bello.

And some else wants to plan another one in Napa, closer to where we live, would be interested also in the summer.

Thanks

Ok, took the boys and went for a Sunday drive. Also heard back from events mgr at Ridge. A tad re-arranging.

Here is what I think will work best:

Meet at Rancho San Antonio Park at 11 am. (Exit Foothill off of 280, turn Right on Cristo Rey. After the Round-about, stay on Cristo Rey. Meet in the upper parking lot, #3)

We will go to Cooper Garrod first, do a tasting and have a light picnic in their grove.

Then onto Pinnchetti, where they are having a Release Party for their club members, so there will be live music and food trucks, for another tasting.

Then we will drive up Montebello Rd to Ridge Winery for a private tour and tasting at 3pm. This is a windy road with parts that only have room for one car, proceed slowly and with caution.

I will be bringing fruit/cheese/bread & assorted picnic type items to share. I will also have 2-3 passengers and be the sober driver in my group, if my friends can join me.

The tasting room managers at Garrod and Pinnchetti have asked that I collect the tasting fees in advance. Each winery has a tasting fee of $5.00 per person. I will have a sign up and envelope for each winery when we meet at Rancho San Antonio, please bring cash. However, for RSVP sake, could you please post up if you are coming and how many in your party!

Hope to see you there in your Rovers and hope to see some significant others we don't usually see out on the trail. This isn't a get dirty or shake you to the bone trail run. Just for fun, enjoy the weather and the view and some vino!

exact addresses for your GPS:

Rancho San Antonio (though you need to keep going and go through the Round-about to get to the Park)

22500 Cristo Rey Dr., Los Altos, CA 94024

Cooper Garrod

22645 Garrod Rd, Saratogo, CA 95070-9781

Picchetti

13100 Montebello Rd., Cupertino, CA 95014-5407

Ridge

171 Montebello Rd., Cupertino, CA 95014-5435

My wife Roz and I are still on for this event; thanks for putting it together Jen. We are planning to drop off our boys @ their cousin's house in Fremont that morning.

The last winery, Ridge, is offering to do a private tour/tasting/vineyard walk, but there is a higher cost associated with that. approximately $50/person.

Would you be interested, or just want a regular tasting?

If we just want a regular tasting, I would prefer to stick to the original route I planned, even though it makes us back track a few times, because then we do the difficult road first, and end up at the winery with the music last :)

Okay Jen...I'm so unhappy, but I don't have my D90 back yet. If I can try to get it tomorrow, I can go Sunday. If not, I'm out. I had some moderate work done to it, and just asked the guy what the status is. I'll keep you informed. My Equinox can't handle trails. Lol!!

Well, we won't be on any trails, just roads. Narrow roads, but all regular roads. Is it just going to be Ron & Roz & I????

Seems like it. If you think there's not enough people, we are flexible and can reached. No biggie - just appreciate the effort you put in.

Ok Jen, we are leaving the house. Our baby sitter bailed-out on us so we are bringing the boys (Roz can go wine tasting and me/boys can hang-out at the picnic table); girls day today (smile). If Jen you are on ham, I am on 146.600 or CB7. Will just meet you at the 1st winery. C yah!

Cheers!

We are here. Where are you Ron?

I am here (smile)

Thanks Jen for putting this together. And good seeing you again Crystal. Roz had a good time hanging with the ladies Crystal, Jen and her 2 friends.

Pic - after our last stop and sampling wines (Prichetti Winery), my wife Roz catching up with sleep... all the way on our drive back home. Lol. She deserved it; been working hard - good night at 5pm.

Had a good time; even as a designated driver; hanging out w/my boys @ the picnic grounds; very nice day!

Here are some random photos:

1) View of Silicon Valley from Montebello Rd where the wineries we visited were located. Windy drive but nice view.

2) Lunch @ Ridge Winery (clockwise): Crystal, Jen's two friends, my wife Roz, Jen and my two boys having a picnic and enjoying one of Ridge's bottle. Thanks Jen for bringing all the food.

3) Leaving Ridge. Where is Crystal's D90 (smile).

4) Pitchetti's Winery.

5) While the ladies are wine tasting, took the boys for a hike on the trail adjacent to the winery property: http://www.openspace.org/preserves/pr_picchetti.asp

6) Jake picking flowers for his mother (always trying to score points like his father) - lol

7) Easy walking/hiking trail

8) Peacock found roaming around in the winery property

9) Hi there!

I work in San Jose once or twice a week; good to know options for entertaining guests; these are wineries not to far away.

It was a gorgeous day and very fun. Very nice of Ron to let Roz come tasting with the ladies and watch the boys. I didn't get your message about your sitter backing out until way too late! I will bring the White Port from the last winery to Lost Coast for us all to share.

Archived