New to NCLR

johnR

Met a member in Tracy and just joined. Great to see a group of LR folks. Going out with Jeep folks was getting difficult ;-). I've got a 02 Disco with a few upgrades; attached some pictures. I'm hoping to see a few folks at the MORG on Saturday.

Yep, the switch is for the CDL. Only one is hooked up - I'm hoping to hook the other one up to a rear ARB locker, if I ever get one installed. Another thought was to hook it up to a set of lights on the rack.

The cubby has 1 of 2 amps for the stereo system (pictures below). One controls the sub which is in a fiberglass box on the opposite side. The 2nd amp is hidden behind that.

The guy before me actually mounted the power-tank - I haven't looked to see exactly what he connected it to.

Do folks typically show up to the morg? I was thinking of driving out on Saturday to meet some folks.

I like the idea of using the other switch for an ARB. However you'll need one more switch for the compressor. I have my aux lighting controls along the left binnacle, using the factory switches, but my own relays, fuses, and wiring.

Yes, there is at least one person planning to show up on Saturday for now. I probably won't go because of the Shaver lake Snow Run the following Friday. There's a thread that Mike (El Presidente) started so you can get an idea of who will be attending. Usually around 10am at the ranger station is where people congregate, then head into the park.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

Been a public road; great group of non-profit and outdoor enthusiast like the Rubicon Trail Foudation (RTF) and local 4x4 clubs has helped keep the Rubicon trail clean and open for us to enjoy.

Been on this trail 3 times: Twice on trail runs with this club starting from the Loon Lake side and finishing on the Lake Tahoe side; truly a beautiful 22 mile trail. The other time was trail repair/clean-up organized by members of RTF. Also been just camping on Loon Lake; no trail runs; just enjoying the sceneries.

Hope this doesn't change our access to this trail in the future, but I only guess more law enforcement will be involve in maintaining the trail and following the rules (hope for the better).

Link: http://www.sacbee.com/2012/08/15/4726562/el-dorado-county-takes-over-rubicon.html#mi_rss=Our%20Region

It's all fallout over the mishap on the Jamboree. If the RTF and other clubs(hint hint) pitch in to offset the costs with the County to achieve Safety and watershed protection, which may mean shut down like hiway 4 in the Winter to asses trail run-off if not on record as of yet, and proceed with a Best Management and Practices manual and get approvals, yada yada. Much like Hudner Ranch at Hollister, but longer.

Archived