More LR2 off-roading shots...

SamO

Nice pictures! I like the way you are modifying your LR-2. I started out in a Freelander and did similar mods.

Is there anyone making a lift for the LR-2? The two approaches for the Freelander were spacers or taller springs. I looked at Ironman Suspensions in AU but they don't seem to be doing anything for LR-2.

Also sill guards or better yet sliders. There were some available for the FL but i don't remember who made them.

Just some thoughts. Have fun!

Watch out everyone, Sam is FEARLESS in that LR2. I saw him do stuff with it I would have never imagined an LR2 doing. And he does it with a sick grin on his face! So don't be surprised all of you with monster modified rides if you take a particularly rough trail and look back to see an LR2 following right behind :)

Sam, great pics. I am interested in your experience with your LR2. My father is interested in a smaller SUV and he is looking at an LR2, X3, RDX, Q5 and Outback. We test drove an LR2 over Thanksgiving and it was quite nice. Interior was clean and felt solid and tight. Brakes seemed a little touchy at first, but the engine had good pick-up and it drove well. I haven't come across much information about overall reliability with the LR2s. I have a 2001 P38 Range Rover which has been great for me, but I do all my own work and maintenance. For my father, he needs something a bit more reliable. If you could let me know, I would appreciate it.

My dad came with us to the Annual Meeting and had a great time. He likes the Land Rover marque, but I don't know if he has the 'sickness' like most of us. I would much rather him be driving an LR2 though...

Sam, great pics. I am interested in your experience with your LR2. My father is interested in a smaller SUV and he is looking at an LR2, X3, RDX, Q5 and Outback. We test drove an LR2 over Thanksgiving and it was quite nice. Interior was clean and felt solid and tight. Brakes seemed a little touchy at first, but the engine had good pick-up and it drove well. I haven't come across much information about overall reliability with the LR2s. I have a 2001 P38 Range Rover which has been great for me, but I do all my own work and maintenance. For my father, he needs something a bit more reliable. If you could let me know, I would appreciate it.

My dad came with us to the Annual Meeting and had a great time. He likes the Land Rover marque, but I don't know if he has the 'sickness' like most of us. I would much rather him be driving an LR2 though...

I've found the LR2 very reliable - especially for the amount of off-roading I do. The service dept at LR Redwood City mentioned that the LR2 is the most reliable of the 3 models. If you're in the market for a used one I'd recommend the 2008, built by Ford with a Volvo i6 engine. It's possible that you could find one still under warranty. It's exactly what I have.

The only serious problem I had is that the starter seized failed. Turned out it was caked with mud from all my time in Hollister's mud pit. I doubt your father will run into that issue :P

Nice pictures! I like the way you are modifying your LR-2. I started out in a Freelander and did similar mods.

Is there anyone making a lift for the LR-2? The two approaches for the Freelander were spacers or taller springs. I looked at Ironman Suspensions in AU but they don't seem to be doing anything for LR-2.

Also sill guards or better yet sliders. There were some available for the FL but i don't remember who made them.

Just some thoughts. Have fun!

I haven't found anyone making a lift. There's one person that has made small spacers for the LR2. Haven't yet found anyone who makes taller springs. Springs are my preference, but if I can't find something I'll probably build some spacers in techshop.

I'm looking for sliders that don't significantly reduce clearance...may end up making those myself too.

Archived