Our new Rubicon Trip dates are from Sept 15-18

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Ron,

Are you still looking to get pics and a story for publication from this trip?

Yes!

LRA wants to get a write-up about our trip; be great if you can help w/write-up and photos. Told LRA that I will coordinate collecting the write-ups and help put them together; they will then edit and prepare for publishing on LRA. Look forward to this. Want to get perspective on what is it like to prepare and drive your Rubicon on your Land Rover including vehicle prep, people in the trip, adventure stories and challenges on the trail.

Lutz, I will give you Yubert's tel #; he will be driving his DII on the trail and wants to ask/coordinate spare parts w/you (another DII owner). Talk to you soon!

Right on.I cant wait.Pulled the rear seats and started to fill her up with gear.Here is my parts list.Anyone bringing a spare rear drive shaft?

Discovery 2 Parts

Axel front n rear

set of hoses

thermostat

complete 3rd

set of helm's for Drag link and Track rod

u-joint

Air filter

Belt

ARB extra line and splicing kit

equipment

jackstans

Full set of Tools

Big Hammer

Duck-tape bailing wire

2 qt oil

2 qt gear oil

1 gal premixed dexcool -d2

1 qt of pw fluid

RTV sealant

Tire kit

What time does everyone need to be at Loon Lake Friday morning for the driver mtg? I'm planning to leave the bay area early in the morning with my co-pilot.

Most of us will be camping near Loon Lake spillover Thursday night not too far away from the start of the trail Gate Keeper.

So if you want to meet us Friday, let's shoot for 7am morning driver's meeting.

If you PM me your cell # and provider e.g. Verizon, I can add it to my SPOT transmitter and get you our GPS coords by Thursday nite.

Do you know if Rod from Besa Auto is going to caravan with you? If not known, I will give him a call tonight.

Adrenaline puming; here we go!

Head count??

We have you, me, Colin, Lutz/Brenton, Yubert, Rod and Nigel/Dave. 6 trucks. 8 people. Plus Landiman. Total of 7 trucks. Good size crowd to take to the Rubicon/# of vehicles. I think anything more will be too many.

What do you guys think of Wednesday night conference call before or after dinner 7pm; I can PM the dial-in number (toll free); just 15-30 mins check in to make sure we get an opp to touch based before the trip.

Yeah! bring it! please I need it as a spare unless you are carrying a spare?? no sense bringing 2 spares

Ron,

Me & Arthur are staying & Mark's Thursday night and will meet you @ the trail say 8am? are you cooking first and then having the drivers meeting @ 7??

Just packed my LWB.

Nathan do you still need a coolant expansion tank?

ok, added Paul.

We have you, me, Colin/Paul, Lutz/Brenton, Yubert, Rod and Nigel/Dave. 6 trucks. 9 people. Plus Landiman. Total of 7 trucks. Good size crowd to take to the Rubicon/# of vehicles. I think anything more will be too many.

Awesome

Here the link to the pdf that has been signed by the Fire Management Officer, Brent Skaggs. Just print it and fill out your info on the top. The link says 2010, but is dated 2011 in the actual file.

http://www.fs.fed.us/r5/sequoia/passespermits/campfire_permit/calcampfirepermit2010.pdf

OK let me know if 7pm will work for you

I might be able to make the conf call on Wed. My girlfriend has her monthly (dirty) storytelling event that night so I may be helping with the setup.

Plan to get up early Friday and cook some Ru-Beacon breakfast (smile); if you have some of that good bacon you talked about, bring some. Yupp Driver's meeting @ 7am and take off 8am hit the trail.

C yah!

Yeah! bring it! please I need it as a spare unless you are carrying a spare?? no sense bringing 2 spares

Ron,

Me & Arthur are staying & Mark's Thursday night and will meet you @ the trail say 8am? are you cooking first and then having the drivers meeting @ 7??

Just packed my LWB.

I know he plans to drive up Friday morning and we have talked about meeting up on I-80 arround the 680/80 interchange.

Ok see you/Dave and Rod Friday morning 7am driver's meeting and 8am start the trail. Rubicon here we come!

Archived