September MORG

I have secured permission to recce the Hudner Ranch this Saturday prior to our annual event. This special permission allows 3 vehicles. Anyone attending this Sept MORG is welcome to tag along, space permitting.

I plan on arriving approx. 10:00AM Lower ranch entrance kiosk/parking lot

WTG Will!

I have secured permission to recce the Hudner Ranch this Saturday prior to our annual event. This special permission allows 3 vehicles. Anyone attending this Sept MORG is welcome to tag along, space permitting.

I plan on arriving approx. 10:00AM Lower ranch entrance kiosk/parking lot

Just back from a normal dusty day at Hollister Hills. Not many visitors at upper ranch probably due to holiday weekend.

I arrived at around 10:00 to find only our newest member Ben in his stock 99 D2 waiting at the parking lot near the entrance station. Our first attempt to enter into Hudner Ranch was a no go. Holly the young ranger at the check in kiosk gave us the wrong intel on the gate combo as with a few other Jeepers who didn't have permission all together. I redirected the Jeepers to the upper ranch and met up with the Park Supervisor Jeff who led us in. But not after picking up our resident Classic owner Graeme who was giving driving istructions to his youngest at the old obstacle course.

At Hudner Ranch conditions are better than expected. Very little pin striping. Trails are as usual narrow and switchback. New since last visit are nicely made wooden signs at the individual trail heads. Lombard name went by way of snake trail.

And for the first time with my LR3, no faults, alarm chimes, or problems what so ever.

Just back from a normal dusty day at Hollister Hills. Not many visitors at upper ranch probably due to holiday weekend.

I arrived at around 10:00 to find only our newest member Ben in his stock 99 D2 waiting at the parking lot near the entrance station ...

Not sure how we missed you at the entrance ... but glad we hooked up. You forgot to mention Ben's baptism by mud-pit .... luckily it has dried up a bit since I tried it.

Graeme

Archived