Black Rock Desert 2011

Erique's got a stuck open sunroof. We've got a bad battery and a broken front cornering valve (prevents the air suspension from lowering properly). Our rig won't be ready until tomorrow...not sure about Enrique's.

Oh...and they found that our lower horn was inop. Who knew an LR3 had 2 horns?

On the bright side I have a Jag XF loaner...Vroom...Vroom!

Yup.

http://tapatalk.com/mu/4cc94cfd-af5b-efd3.jpg

You lucky dog, you never said you got a Jag...I'm sure Frank & Tony are looking into doing something similar...right Tony-

I'm sure the "C" brothers will have my rig ready tomoroow

Gomez family arrived home at 12 AM after a yummy Vietnamese dinner in Sacto.

What an AWESOME trip and couldn't have been with nicer people (I miss Brian & Nancy's morning coffee :( ). Great memories (so many) for my children & myself and thank you Kevin for breaking-in my winch ;)

More later as I got to go unpack and hose off the truck.

The Hunts got home safely at about 5:30 PM. Lassen was beautiful, what a difference from the last time we were there. On August 15 it is still winter at 8200 ft. elevation. Helen Lake still has ice on it and there is a lot of snow around. We began hitting snow at about 7000 feet. ThIs means, and the group was wondering about this, that it is likely that there is still snow at Dismal Swamp and the two mountains on the Oregon Discovery Route - a month and a half after our normal trip date!

The Black Rock Desert trip was fun! Thanks, Kevin for planning and leading it. The route following the Applegate Lassen Emigrant Trail gave us a feeling of the hardships the pioneers encountered in the 1800s. Thanks, Lucinda, for reading over the radio the pioneer's quotes from the trail markers along the route. Great adventure, great food and a great group. Thanks!

Pictures to follow...

• 3 weeks later...

Archived