May 7th MORG @ Hollister

HaHa!! Access mode is great for my vertically challenged wife, but not so good for an offroad rover. I saw you ordered your lift kit. When is the install date? Are we getting together to wrench on it?

I don't think I be making the MORG this time. Too much time away recently.

Those 35s look monstrous. I also love that E30 M3 in the background...

Hi Ted,

I also own a P38 and it still has the Air suspension. I have not have many problems with the Air suspension but I bought the EAS Buddy V3 just in case. You can borrow it to reset your suspension and find out what triggered the fault. You can check it out here:

http://www.rswsolutions.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=48&Itemid=34

AA

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Planning to be there! Will roll out of Dublin around 8:00 and head south on 680, D1 is extremely slow on the climbs so the caravan group will probably pass me as they head south on 680...

Colin - get those tires mounted and try not to break the machine

I am planning on heading out with the 1988RRC....3.5, slowest turtle out there. May be picking someone up to ride shotgun too (the artist who does the logos for us)...I'd recommend that we meet at the Alcosta exit though. McDonalds is there on the s/b 680 exit, not a lot of backtracking for anyone going 580/680 and EVERYONE knows the Mexxi's off ramp...also, caravan home could run to Mexxi's too...

Either way, I'll try and hook up, as I am real slow too, and if not will see the convoy catch me in the rear mirrors...

Luis, are you picking up your mates outside the main entrance of Camp Parks on Dublin Blvd???

I might tag along with the caravan from Camp Parks down past Gilroy but have to split up and head towards Watsonville to videograph my first real wedding, on the beeeaaaaacccchhhh. Nervous, anxious but we'll make it happen!!!

Sucks at the same time knowing the group is just up the hill playing in the dirt and mud, just a couple miles away...

Wish I was there with y'all!

Have fun peeps and be safe....

BTW, What channel will the caravan be on for CB? 7???

Sweet its been a while Brenton

I know. I didn't realize until I was writting the post that I haven't been to HH since the Annual Gathering, and haven't been on a trip since the Lost Coast. My g/f and I may head up there next weekend for her birthday, though we'll probably stay in a cabin/hotel this time around.

Luis, are you picking up your mates outside the main entrance of Camp Parks on Dublin Blvd???

I might tag along with the caravan from Camp Parks down past Gilroy but have to split up and head towards Watsonville to videograph my first real wedding, on the beeeaaaaacccchhhh. Nervous, anxious but we'll make it happen!!!

Sucks at the same time knowing the group is just up the hill playing in the dirt and mud, just a couple miles away...

Wish I was there with y'all!

Have fun peeps and be safe....

BTW, What channel will the caravan be on for CB? 7???

I was thinking of leaving everyone at the Shell gas station down the corner to keep everyone from having to go through the check point entering the base, while I go in and get the people and come right back. Either way , would be awesome to add another Rover to the convoy down :)

I am planning on heading out with the 1988RRC....3.5, slowest turtle out there. May be picking someone up to ride shotgun too (the artist who does the logos for us)...I'd recommend that we meet at the Alcosta exit though. McDonalds is there on the s/b 680 exit, not a lot of backtracking for anyone going 580/680 and EVERYONE knows the Mexxi's off ramp...also, caravan home could run to Mexxi's too...

Either way, I'll try and hook up, as I am real slow too, and if not will see the convoy catch me in the rear mirrors...

Hey Mike, glad to know your coming as well !!! Great idea for meeting place, but kind of reluctant to change it in case some of the people who already said they'd be at Crow Canyon don't check back the post and miss the change. We COULD just stop by there real quick and hook up with you if you want, I guess!

well, I am now running solo (no shotguner) so I may just head out and see what happens... Chris, I am in Springtown in a slow RRC as well...I'll call tomorrow and see if we can arrange the slow boat to Hollister...then the warp speed caravan can catch up,

Looks like I'll be able to sneak away for this! Hope to see you guys in San Ramon by 8am... if not' date=' see you jokers in Hollister![/quote']

I think I saw your LR3 in downdown St. Helena today around lunch. Not too many with a rack/tire combo on 'em.

See you tomorrow...

The stars have aligned again and I get to get out tomorrow and play Rovers in the wild. My 2 teens and myself are meeting my brother in SJ around 9. Looking forward to meeting our newer members and giving the kids a chance to drive dads Rover. I also plan to shoot more video of our club for the Tread Lightly PSA, so don't be surprised if I ask you to do something TL related. I will have my ham radio monitoring 146.460 as well as the Hollister machine 147.315 pl. 94.8 See you all there.

Really looking like a very nice turn out for a random MORG. I lost track of how many are actually plannng on being at the Safeway in San Ramon to convoy down together so just keep my cell # handy (706-830-8799) and give me a call if you're heading that way and are running a bit behind so I know to wait on you if you're not there by 8:10 or so.

Hi Ted,

I also own a P38 and it still has the Air suspension. I have not have many problems with the Air suspension but I bought the EAS Buddy V3 just in case. You can borrow it to reset your suspension and find out what triggered the fault. You can check it out here:

http://www.rswsolutions.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=48&Itemid=34

AA

Antonio-

I haven't had any issues with my EAS either, though I am planning on rebuilding my valve block this summer. I was commenting on Beavers DII and the 130K miles and washboards he put on his suspension. After DV, it was shot.

I have the EAS software from Storey Wilson and made a cable to interface with the P38. It works and thankfully, I haven't had to use it. Eventually, I plan to upgrade to the GenIII and longer shocks for more clearance. But I was impressed with some of the trails she did in Death Valley with some good spotting. The sliders helped too.

Have fun tomorrow.

Colin-

Those tires look sweet! Same size at Nathans? I still can't believe he climbed that waterfall...

http://www.speichers.com/pictures/dv2011/dv2011_defensemine_rrc_hole.jpg

http://www.speichers.com/pictures/dv2011/dv2011_defensemine_rrc_out.jpg

Archived