May 7th MORG @ Hollister

Well, it seems like the rain will finally stop for the rest of the year. I swear we've had more rain just this W inter than the prior 4 years put together. I haven't had the chance to go play at any MORG since the Annual event because of the unrelenting rain and related muddy conditions at Hollister but this MORG will hopefully end up being a nice mild, sunny day with perfect conditions for safe wheeling without the nasty 3 hour, crawl under the rig, clean up that follows a muddy adventure.

I have invited a couple of personal friends to join me out to play. We also have plenty of newer members with stock rigs that may not have had too much time at Hollister yet because like me, were waiting for the rain to stop (street tires and mud do not mix). I will be there if anyone cares to join me for a day of fun.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Are you still going to sport street tires or will you have new rubber by then? Just curious how you're coming along the "getting new tires" road :)

The buyer on my every day driver backed out, and for some odd reason, after fixing it, it now gets about 30-35 mpg. So I may keep it. And that was the $$ for my tires :(

But I'm a great saver, so probably by June, I'll have new tires. Plus I feel good that I got an extra 1100 miles on those street tires yesterday, so at least I got some wear out of them.

No T-Ball that Saturday - I will be there with my boys.

Funny how that goes, the first thing I did was check my sons baseball schedule. He plays that Friday so it looks good for the 7th. We well see how the series is doing after this weekend up at Mendo.

• 2 weeks later...
I have never been there before and currently have no cell phone. And my CB only works line-of-sight.

Anyone planning on being at the entrance at 10 or would like to caravan from the South Bay?

Jen, I'll be at the Kiosk by the main entrance between 930 and 1000. We usually head inside together from there around 1015 so just call me on my cell before you leave home if you are running late that morning and I'll stay put and wait on you. 706-830-8799

I have never been there before and currently have no cell phone. And my CB only works line-of-sight.

Anyone planning on being at the entrance at 10 or would like to caravan from the South Bay?

The entrance is not hard to find, but if you want to meet somewhere in the south bay, or Gilroy, or in the town of Hollister, that would work too. I am coming down from Napa, through San Jose to the 101. I will be in a LR3 trailering a series. If you (or anyone) wants to caravan in, we can set something up.

Robb, do you have a spot along any portion of the trip you prefer to meet at? I leave from San Ramon so I'm coming down 680 to 101.

I get on 680 up in Benicia so whatever works best for you is fine with me.

Sounds like we have a caravan in the works. Luis, do you want to pick a spot near San Ramon that Colin and I (and others if they want) can meet up with you? We could also meet up with Jen and anyone else south of San Ramon in Gilroy or Hollister.

I have to pick up a couple of Officers from work in Dublin who want to come out and see Land Rovers at play. One of them came out to the MOM and is in the immediate market for an LR3 for his wife and wants to see them playing on the dirt. If we could meet at Safeway (Take the exit to Crow Canyon from 680 south at San Ramon, turn right on Crow Canyon, safeway is 100 ft on the left) say by 8am, leave there for Camp Parks in Dublin to pick up the others, leave Dublin by 830, would put us at Hollister by the 1000 AM window we're trying to meet.

The other people who are coming with me are driving their vehicles and following us down there. Once we hit the trails, they may want to be passangers in different models to experience the difference. We'll see :) BTW, that RRC is gonna look SICK with 35s!!!!

I am out. Suspension is shot (looks like Ted's P38 in access mode) sooooooo it's out of commission until the lift kit comes in...

HaHa!! Access mode is great for my vertically challenged wife, but not so good for an offroad rover. I saw you ordered your lift kit. When is the install date? Are we getting together to wrench on it?

I don't think I be making the MORG this time. Too much time away recently.

Those 35s look monstrous. I also love that E30 M3 in the background...

Archived