Gauging Interest - NCLR Baja Mexico San Felipe, Sea of Cortez and Beyond Oct 22-29

Excellent Mark.

Ok, folks; end of June is just around the corner and will be wrapping up the sign-up for our 1st NCLR Baja Mexico trip; so far we have:

So far poss attendees are:

1) Me - 04 DII/co-pilot Enrique

2) Antonio - RRC

3) Michael DII

4) Lutz DII

5) Rupert LR3

6) MJohnston LR3

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Please count me in. Sounds great.

You are on.

We are hoping to have a drivers meeting in Aug so we can go over details, route, etc... Also get to meet ea driver and so forth. More to come on this.

Ron - Keep me and my dad (Jim) on the list as a maybe! I'll have better idea come late summer.

Cheers,

Nigel

Right on! Will do; hope the maybe turn into "yes"; this will be an epic trip; our first international!

haha, everytime there is a post to this thread I end up wasting time on Google Earth checking out the area or going home and staring at my maps. I can't wait.

Lol. Same here.

cant wait for this.. work on the Land Trailer progresses!

Nice! Post pictures when you can.

In prep for Baja, leak in the head gaskets solved w/head gasket job. While at it, replaced all the water pump, radiator flush + new coolant... Now to work on getting organized for the trip...

C yah! Can't wait for this trip to happen also.

...In prep for the Baja, leak in the head gaskets solved w/head gasket job. White at it, replaced all the water pump, radiator flush + new coolant... Now to work on getting organized for the trip...

I thought that I saw your rig at BESA!!! Love the rack!!!

Nigel

I thought that I saw your rig at BESA!!! Love the rack!!!

Nigel

I was thinking of doing the HG myself as a project, but in the interest of time, need for garage space (knowing me a week HG will turn into months - lol) and time needed to prep for the Baja trip, I decided to pay the price. Now I have time focus on the trip.

I'm still good to go. Passport came in the mail last week .My cousin and a friend will be joining me.

Wohoo! Glad you are coming Lutz!

We have solid group so far; here's some noise on Expo re: Mexico; recent (last year's incident); most members are supportive of going but some concerns; I think if we stick to the golden rules: 1) travel only during the day/daylight, 2) stay as a group, 3) use common sense will most likely avoid issues. Plus we will not be entering thru TJ.

Post on Expo re: is Baja Safe? http://www.expeditionportal.com/forum/threads/64004-How-Safe-is-Baja

Contenta de que puede hacerlo

Thanks to Google translate you said "I am ready to go" and I said "glad you can make it"

http://translate.google.com/?hl=en#

ROFL

AAAYYY AAYYYY Senor Ron...your translator did it in the feminine person...or...is there something you wanna tell us.:o) J/K my friend, couldn't resist.

So, I still have my commitment that first Saturday until noon which means there is not way I can prep my vehicle and family before the trip. But, I may go with Beaver (Michael Beaver) as a passenger in his DII. We have just installed a new lift (TerraFirma shocks and springs) and worked on the brakes in his D2 the past few weeks.

I am trying to figure out if we can leave Sacramento at 1pm or if he leaves earlier and I fly down to San Diego for him to pick me up. Either way, I am hoping to be there. I will be leaving the wife and kids at home.

Also, came across this new software/maps from NG for baja:

http://shop.nationalgeographic.com/ngs/product/national-geographic-national-parks-explorer-3d/baja-explorer

Anyone interested in beyond Baja? Nicaragua y Costa Rica?

Yes! But not this year for me. I drove a diesel 4runner in Nicaragua last fall and beat up a Rav4 in Costa Rica a few years ago. LOTS of cool places to explore. I would love to take the LR down there.

ROFL

AAAYYY AAYYYY Senor Ron...your translator did it in the feminine person...or...is there something you wanna tell us.:o) J/K my friend, couldn't resist.

Ha! Ha! I will have suggest to Goggle to have a few options for voice: female, male, and Macho Man. Lol.

Excellent Ted. Look forward to seeing you on this trip even as co-pilot. BajaRack is hoping to meet w/us in San Felipe. Enrique is still interested in co-piloting (so we have a Discochef w/us). And we have a few solid "yes' I am going on this trip.

Can you find out more about the NG map for Baja; description said it will work with popular GPS; want to find out which models; not bad for $25.

I may go with Beaver (Michael Beaver) as a passenger in his DII. We have just installed a new lift (TerraFirma shocks and springs) and worked on the brakes in his D2 the past few weeks.

I am trying to figure out if we can leave Sacramento at 1pm or if he leaves earlier and I fly down to San Diego for him to pick me up. Either way, I am hoping to be there. I will be leaving the wife and kids at home.

Also, came across this new software/maps from NG for baja:

http://shop.nationalgeographic.com/ngs/product/national-geographic-national-parks-explorer-3d/baja-explorer

Anyone interested in beyond Baja? Nicaragua y Costa Rica?

Sounds interesting for future trip.

Let's get our feet wet with a trip to Baja, San Felipe and beyond... and back in a week for starters.

Archived