'00 Discovery II Before.....

MichaelBeaver

• 1 month later...

battery post/coolant return hose/spark plug wire... 125k service is going to come a tad early to the ol' girl. All good though. getting new radio put in with sirius and BT, and VERY happy to report the the CDL solenoid switch from AMV worked f*ing AWESOME! was like a brand new LR!

HH OHV park was great! looking forward to meeting up with the club next time!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

Been a while since Death Valley and considering the Pregnant Penguin was bonestock except for the CDL she did good... but here we are a few 100$s later and many changes.....

Drum roll please.....

Before pic with just the CDL and street tires....

and the after pic with 265/70R16 and a 3" TerraFirma lift. Dual Batteries with Isolator and Gauge. As well as baltic birch flooring and a fridge mount.

Special thanks to the Elk Grove Chapter (RobG and Teds) for the help. Rob did 95% of the work so far it looks good due to his efforts! The lift was done in 2.5 hours... it went quite smoothly!

Also Justin from Lucky8 LLC was great with suggestions and answering questions I had with the lift. price was excellent....

Hey we have a trip to Signal Peak this Sat; want to join and take your Pregnant Pengium on this trail; should be fun now that you have a lift (hope you have sliders also).

Also Justin from Lucky8 LLC was great with suggestions and answering questions I had with the lift. price was excellent....

Michael, a big favor to ask; if you are taking to Justin again from Lucky8 soon, ask him if he would be intersted in a group buy of parts: Rovertrack rear & front axles, Rovertym diff guards, etc... from NCLR members.

A group of us are planning to hit the Rubicon Trail this August; every lil bit of discount on LR parts can help us w/cost to prep for the trip. In return for the discount, we'd be willing to promo Lucky8 during the trip e.g. bumper sticker, mention in the trip report....

And just to be clear, rather than a group buy for ea item; would be a group buy of a combination of parts e.g. 2 pairs of rear HD axle shafts, 2 pair of sliders, 3 Rovertym diff guards... meaning he will get one big order and hopefully he'd be interested.

Thanks!

Michael, a big favor to ask; if you are taking to Justin again from Lucky8 soon, ask him if he would be intersted in a group buy of parts: Rovertrack rear & front axles, Rovertym diff guards, etc... from NCLR members.

A group of us are planning to hit the Rubicon Trail this August; every lil bit of discount on LR parts can help us w/cost to prep for the trip. In return for the discount, we'd be willing to promo Lucky8 during the trip e.g. bumper sticker, mention in the trip report....

And just to be clear, rather than a group buy for ea item; would be a group buy of a combination of parts e.g. 2 pairs of rear HD axle shafts, 2 pair of sliders, 3 Rovertym diff guards... meaning he will get one big order and hopefully he'd be interested.

Thanks!

He is interested in hearing more. I left you a vm with more details.... call if you have questions... left number on your vm.

He is interested in hearing more. I left you a vm with more details.... call if you have questions... left number on your vm.

Awesome Michael. I did get your VM and I called Justin @ Lucky8. More details to come. Thank you for tee-ing this up!

This means folks like Nigel, Nathan, Antonio... looking to buy Rovertracks, Rovertyme.... can possible get a group buy discount and save on shipping; wohoo! Group buy will be open to all NCLR members including the ones going to the upcoming Rubicon. Moe members buying = Moe better discount. Lol. So now we need to create a list (see "For Members Only" section).

Cheers!

Archived