Gauging Interest: Return to the Lost Coast

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A friend of Dixie's sent her this little tip. Anyone else know of it? Doesn't sound like we'll be at the beach at night to try it out.

check very carefully for phosphorescence in the sand by making giant stomping steps silently at the waterline far from the campfire

Also, I'm debating if I need to bring my 12'x12' E-Z Up. I was going to bring it mainly for the rain, but with so little chance of it raining, it might not be worth it. Keep it here or pack it up?

Bring it B!! The way I see it is.... 4 stripper poles!! It's Jette's birthday on Friday so we should be partying pretty well. I'll bring the cake and candles. Shhh. She doesn't know and has no idea about this forum!!!!!

Kevin - sounds like a plan. See ya in Hercules, Hercules (insert Eddie Murphy voice)

Also, I'm debating if I need to bring my 12'x12' E-Z Up. I was going to bring it mainly for the rain, but with so little chance of it raining, it might not be worth it. Keep it here or pack it up?

Bring it. Nice to have even if there's a little bit of drizzle from the fog. I don't think anyone has an awning on their rig this trip.

Thanks for researching the additional camping sites Kevin. Can you print out that BLM list so we can decide on the fly of we need?

Sasquatch, according to my map the only 5 campsites that we will encounter north of Usal Beach are the 4 listed in this post and Sinkyone which is too small for us. I will try to grab the GPS coords and bring that along with a map.

Bring it. Nice to have even if there's a little bit of drizzle from the fog. I don't think anyone has an awning on their rig this trip.

I just installed my ARB awning on the LR3 but don't think it will accommodate 20 folk under it. Is the SAS doing the pole dancing...hopefully after the little ones hit the sack-lol

I also have an E-ZUp 10x10 i think, should I bring it?

Ron, Do you have a final head count? Just wondering. have not seen any posts from Antonio, Mark(Drafdog). or Bear.

So far we have as of today 11/10/10 confirmed:

- Ron/family 1 LR vehicle (confirmed)

- Kevin/family 2 LR3s (confirmed)

- Enrique - 1 LR3 (confirmed)

- Sasquatch/GF - 1 LR3 (confirmed)

- Drafdog - 1 LR vehicle (waiting to hear back)

- Jen 1 LR3 (confirmed 90% yes)

- Michael Beaver 1 LR Vehicle (90% chance of not going)

- Antonio - 1 RRC (waiting to hear back)

- Nigel/family - 1 (mabye 2) vehicle (confirmed)

- Brenton/GF Dixie - 1 DII (confirmed)

- Mark Petersen Perez - 1 DII (maybe)

- Rupert - 1 LR3 (confirmed)

8 (+1 Kevin's extra LR vehicle) = 9 trucks total are coming at this point.

It's Jette's birthday on Friday so we should be partying pretty well. I'll bring the cake and candles. Shhh. She doesn't know and has no idea about this forum!!!!!

Sounds like a party in the making to me.

Does anyone know if there are any companies that rent Land Rovers?

Superior has my LR3, it had a smashed muffler and exhaust pipe too. So they ordered the parts but say that Land Rover can not promise the part will arrive tomorrow. If it doesn't arrive by tomorrow, the truck won't be fixed until next week. I have rental ins through Geico and AAA, so my ins rep is trying to find me a rental to get me up through the weekend.

Fingers crossed that LR will send the parts post haste, but last time I lost a seal, it took 4 days for that little part to show up.

Jen. Why don't you have it repaired after the trip (unless there's damage that makes it unsafe or detrimental to the truck). Hertz at the SFO, I believe rents LR's.

Sas, yes, i will meet you at the Bollinger park & ride.

Hi Guys,

I was not planning to come to this trip as I plan to go Death Valley over the Thanksgiving weekend but I have been following this Tread. It looks like this is going to be a fun trip. Now I am really tempted to come. I even going to be off on Friday. HMMMM let me sleep over this tonite and confirm tomorrow. Is not to late to sign up right?

Hey Enrique I was at Maxxis today. My company moved to Pleasanton and I took some coworkers there. They love the food. We will be there often.

Yahoo! Got new shoes! GY-Wrangler-SA 265/60/18s and 5 18in non-matching rims on today! Ready foe some MUD!

Did someone say they needed to buy a fire extinguisher? I have a 5lb commercial ABC fire extinguisher for sale. Let me know if its this group and I'll bring it.

Is Sat. dinner confirmed as potluck?

Ron, Brenton and Myself have said yes to Sat. nite potluck.

Have not heard from Nigel, Kevin, Dave, you nor Jen.

FYI- The Suttles will probably also let everyone know but one of their daughters is highly allergic tp peanuts.

Yes, Kylie is allergic to nuts.

Kevin, we promise to all behave. Lol.

We are bringing Kinders to BBQ (we will bring enough to share sampling for everyone) for Sat pot luck. For Friday lunch, we are just going to pack lunch/sandwiches and eat along the way. Fri nite dinner BYO as well as Sat and Sun (except the Sat nite dinner pot luck we talked about). And we can bring a box of firewood.

Couple of things to keep in mind (in addition to Kylie is allergic to nuts)

- I understand that it's Elk mating Season; just be careful not to get close or provoke them (yes, Enrique no mask for the sake of the children and provoking the male bull elks - lol). Joking set aside, last November Lost Coast trip, a bull starred us down and blocked our path while his lady elks crossed the road. And if you have pets, keep them in the vehicle (we are bringing our family dog friendly Shakespeare this year; went last year and going to be a regular to our Lost Coast trips). Read this - check out Autumn: http://www.rmef.org/AllAboutElk/ElkSeasons/; wasn't in any danger last year I recall; just need to be aware of your place and their place in the wilds.

- Speaking of pets, also it's tick season; and not just pets to worry about, our kids exploring grassy fields, etc...: http://www.hydrex.info/is-tick-season-really-over/

- And last, understand it's harvest season for growers; they probably didn't get the memo that prop 19 didn't pass (lol); regardless, growing and harvesting takes places over there I was told. We just have to stick together as a group and avoid any confrontations. So if you hear my son yell on our Lost Coast trip "Daddy Daddy, I see similar plants growing in your closet wtih that bright light you always keep-on and Reynold wrap alum foil wall to wall". Ignore him. Lol. Only plants you will see in our house is a money tree (our wishful thinking tree).

By the way, Granville aka Granny on LRRF is inviting all of us to stop-by his 2.5 acre farm he calls Teacup Farm on our way to Leggett; he said not too far off 101. Wanted to know if anyone would oppose to stopping by and prefer to just head straight to Leggett, gas up, and the setup camp.

I would like to stop-by for 1/2 hr and see Granville, and if others are not interested, can just meet you back to camp. Here's his site: http://home.comcast.net/~teacupfarm/index.html; let me know.

If we leave Hercules by 9am, stop by Granville's farm, we should still be in Leggett by 1:30-2pm, and then arrive at camp around 3pm. I will get directions and look at how much drive time to his farm, and stop time will take out of our trip.

Oh, I am bringing the Maxtrax; and one more, bring your Trasharoo if you have em or a trash bag. No dumpster along the Lost Coast. Pack it in - pack it out.

And here's my mobile # xxx-xxx-xxxx

Archived