New BLM Rules 2010

Please be aware that BLM (Bureau of Land Management) has issued new rules for public lands administered for California Desert District.

Fined up to $1000, spend 12 months in jail, or both.

Details: http://www.blm.gov/ca/st/en/fo/cdd/cdd_supplementary.html

Summary:

1. Public nudity is prohibited at all developed sites and areas and all ORV open areas.

2. It is prohibited for a person to ride in or transport another person in or on a portion of an ORV or trailer that is not designed or intended for the transportation of passengers.

3. It is prohibited to use as firewood, or have in their possession, any firewood materials containing nails, screws, or other metal hardware, including, but not limited to, wood pallets and/or construction debris.

4. Possession of glass beverage containers is prohibited in all developed sites and areas and all ORV open areas.

5. It is prohibited to place into the ground any non-flexible object, such as, but not limited to, metal or wood stakes, poles, or pipes, with the exception of small tent or awning stakes, at all developed sites and areas and all ORV open areas.

6. It is prohibited to camp within the areas commonly known as Competition Hill Corridor and Competition Hill located within the Dumont Dunes ORV Area, as shown in the map at the entrance kiosk.

7. It is prohibited to reserve or save a camping space for another person at all developed sites and areas and all ORV open areas.

8. All persons must keep their sites free of trash and litter during the period of occupancy.

Interesting. I think all of them are beneficial to keeping areas clean, but the no saving of spots..that is weird. At a developed site, I expect I have to pay to reserve, and I can use it how I want...maybe I am not understanding some aspect of that.

Guess it will be keg beer and boxed wines from now on. Not sure what to do about the single malt, tho.....

Sounds like they have had recent serious problems with large groups moving in and taking over an area or camp ground and then leaving a mess. Too bad a few hooligans make it tough on the rest of us.

Guess it will be keg beer and boxed wines from now on. Not sure what to do about the single malt, tho.....

Sounds like they have had recent serious problems with large groups moving in and taking over an area or camp ground and then leaving a mess. Too bad a few hooligans make it tough on the rest of us.

You hit the nail on the head.

Which by the way, no nail or screws on firewood; rule #3. Lol.

3. It is prohibited to use as firewood, or have in their possession, any firewood materials containing nails, screws, or other metal hardware, including, but not limited to, wood pallets and/or construction debris.

Archived