Recent Addition to the household

SNelson

Presenting A new member to my household, a 1995 Defender 90 Soft Top. Well driven with 240,000 miles on the clock, she still runs like a top. Shes pretty much stock besides the Flowmaster exaust and the old man emu 3" lift. I am very intrested in turning this into the the rig that will turn heads and stop at nothing to get to its destination. So without further delay here she is.....

• 4 weeks later...
I might not be able to make any trips until after august. I am currently serving some time in the desert. I get to watch others drive defenders out here though. Here is one that could not make the grade, so now it serves as a rolling roadblock for the German off road/convoy trainer course.

Dibs on the hardtop. Shipping to 94558.....

lets see....shipping to california..hmm. Ok. Truck is mostly gutted so id say less than 1200 lbs, 157in long, 66in wide. ok dont have to worry about center of balance cuz there is less than 600lbs on each axle....got it the cost to ship vehicle is $75 minus fuel costs. With fuel, it will be $87,000. So for $87,075 the whole vehicle is yours. Including the hard top. Any takers?

No takers? Its just as well, yesterday the army got a hold of it and completly trashed it even more. It now has no external body panels that are even worth pulling off to salvage. The army sure knows how to screw things up for everyone...

The army sure knows how to screw things up for everyone...

Tell me about it. I hate those idiots myself. So much pinned up anger in a young man being released by killing people or destroying stuff :) The lousy bunch they are, I tell ya!!!! Oh.., wait just a second, I'M in the Army.

• 5 months later...
Another addition to our household! Today I am driving our new 1997 defender 90 LE. It is 158 of 300, has 113,000 miles on the odo, and is a blast! It's for my wife cuz she docent like the manual transmission. I'll post pictures here after I get home and have a computer to load the images from. Let's see how she drives! I'm taking her from her old home in LA, to Sacramento.

C'mon, Ron. What kind of math did they teach in the Big Island? That makes a D180 so with just a couple more, he can have a D360 or "a well rounded vehicle" :-)

Lol. It's LR math.

Archived