NCLR Planned and Proposed Trips for 2010

Ok, folks after reading replies and talking to e.g. Will, Chuck, Brenton and suggestions from others e.g. Gary.... I've compiled the planned and proposed trips for 2010.

Thanks to NCLR members who responded on what they want to see, volunteers to be trip/trailer leaders or simply want to help with planning; here's the list; post or update any missing details if I forgot to include them.

Also a bit of explanation; you probably noticed why we are not organizing another club run trip to the Rubicon; we could still but at this point the new idea is to organize "one NCLR hard trail" a year; Dusy will be that one in 2010.

If folks want to run the Rubicon in 2010, the suggestion was do it during the Jeepers Jamborree (JJ) - it's turn key (already laid out and organized) and support avail (spotter, rock stackers...). Just pay and show up w/your rig plus meet JJ's vehicle req. Then we can just focus on the Dusy trip.

Perhaps in 2011, we can switch focus and go back to the Rubicon organzied by NCLR, or another hard trail like Fordyce.

And we don't want to loose focus on our family friendly trails runs (not everyone wants to run hard trails), so we have Dealth Valley, Gold Lake, Lost Coast in our schedule...

Also for folks who like Expedition style trips, we have trips like the Oregon Discovery Trail...

And if you would like to lead a trip not listed below, pls post.

Jan - Nothing scheduled; down time

Feb - Shaver Lake/Feb 19-21 (Ron planner/leading) Completed

Mar - Nothing scheduled; down time

April - Death Valley/Date?(Mike leading)

May - Cow Mountain/early May (Dan leading)

May - Mojave Road/May 20-24? (Brenton Leading)

May - Pismo Beach/May 21 to 23 (Ron trip planner/Lutzi leading) Completed

June - Oregon Discovery Trail/June 18 to 23 (Brian planner/leading) Completed

July - Rubicon Trip during the Jeepers Jamboree/July 22-25 (?anyone interested)

Aug - Not a trail run - NCLR/Parts Planet BBQ & LR Parts Pick-up. Aug 14 Commpleted

Aug - Gold Lake Aug 14-16 (Chuck leading) Completed

Aug - Dusy Irshim Aug 18-22 (Nathan leading/Ron helping with planning) Completed

Sept - Bllue Lakes Sept 16-19 (Dan leading) Completed

Sept - Overland Rally @ Hollister Sept 23-26 Completed

Oct - Annual NCLR Members Gathering/Date (Wknd of Oct 8th)

Oct - LR Nat'l Rally/Oct 19-23 (?anyone going)

Nov - Lost Coast (?anyone interested)

Dec - Nothing scheduled; down time

Ron

NCLR Director of Affairs

• 3 weeks later...
Ok, folks after reading replies and talking to e.g. Will, Chuck, Brenton and suggestions from others e.g. Gary.... I've compiled the planned and proposed trips for 2010.

Thanks to NCLR members who responded on what they want to see, volunteers to be trip/trailer leaders or simply want to help with planning; here's the list; post or update any missing details if I forgot to include them.

Also a bit of explanation; you probably noticed why we are not organizing another club run trip to the Rubicon; we could still but at this point the new idea is to organize "one NCLR hard trail" a year; Dusy will be that one in 2010.

If folks want to run the Rubicon in 2010, the suggestion was do it during the Jeepers Jamborree (JJ) - it's turn key (already laid out and organized) and support avail (spotter, rock stackers...). Just pay and show up w/your rig plus meet JJ's vehicle req. Then we can just focus on the Dusy trip.

Perhaps in 2011, we can switch focus and go back to the Rubicon organzied by NCLR, or another hard trail like Fordyce.

Of course, doesn't mean a club trip to the Rubicon in September or October is out of the picture; might just be inspired early 2010, and put a special trip together and get our 2009 trail leaders Tim/Maureen to lead a small group of 4-6 trucks back to the Con.

And we don't want to loose focus on our family friendly trails runs (not everyone wants to run hard trails), so we have Dealth Valley, Gold Lake, Lost Coast in our schedule...

Also for folks who like Expedition style trips, we have trips like the Oregon Discovery Trail...

And if you would like to lead a trip not listed below, pls post.

Jan - nothing scheduled; down time

Feb - Shaver Lake/Feb 19-21 (Ron leading)

Mar -

April - Death Valley/Date?(Mike leading)

May - Cow Mountain/early May (Dan leading)

May - Mojave Road/May 20-24? (Brenton Leading)

June - Oregon Discovery Trail/June 18 to 23 (Brian leading)

July - Gold Lake/Date? (Chuck leading)

July - Rubicon Trip during the Jeepers Jamboree/July 22-25 (?anyone interested)

Aug - Dusy Irshim/? End of August (Nathan leading/Ron helping with planning)

Aug - Black Rock Desert/?1st week of Aug (Will leading)

Sept - Lost Coast/Date? (Ron/Troy leading/planning)

Oct - LR Nat'l Rally/Oct 19-23 (?anyone going)

Oct - Annual NCLR Members Gathering/Date? (seems to be interest in having our gathering in a dff location e.g. Gold Lake - more on this on a new thread)

Nov - nothing scheduled; down time

Dec - nothing scheduled; down time

Ron

NCLR Director of Affairs

I am a new member and want to make sure I can get on the list for the Death Valley trip. Can you let me know.

I have an 05 LR3 modified suspension , 32 maxxis bighorns ,sliders, exp roof rack.

I am a new member and want to make sure I can get on the list for the Death Valley trip. Can you let me know.

I have an 05 LR3 modified suspension , 32 maxxis bighorns ,sliders, exp roof rack.

Nice LR3, reminds me of something I drive :)

And don't worry, there will be a place on our website to sign up for this trip and all others as well as a dedicated Thread in the forums.

• 2 weeks later...

Kind of the way it goes is this:

1. The trip leader posts a "Gauging Interest" thread to get a tentative head count of people interested - usually a few months before the trip date. Here's where individual suggestions can influence the planning for the trip although we try to adhere to the planned dates so people can get their vacation time if required.

2. The trip leader generates a NCLR Trip Request by filling out a suggested format which provides lots of data regarding the trip. With the approval of this trip request, it becomes an official NCLR sponsored trip. The Trip Request is posted on the NCLR web site and a sign-up page is put up by the web administrator.

3. People who can make the commitment to go on the trip sign up and reserve their spot, providing details on their party, rigs, etc. This can be a month or more before the trip.

4. At about the same time the trip leader opens a thread on the forum to discuss the details of the trip, answer questions and do detailed coordination. Sometimes this thread will have upwards of 100 posts before all the details are settled and the start date arrives.

5. Everyone shows up at the agreed to place and time to start the trip.

So as you can see, it's important to check the forum frequently to learn about the trips and get your suggestions in. For impromptu trips this whole sequence can happen a lot faster than indicated above so stay tuned in!

Hope to see you on the trails!!

Death Valley trip is NOT a hardcore wheeling trip. In connection with Len from American Dirt Roads, with whom a few of us went to Bishop and the White Mountians, I have planned a sightseeing trip to Death Valley. We are staying in Lone Pine and I am taking my entire family and a very minimal modified 95 RRC LWB. Our trip will include lots of driving on paved roads and some dirt roads. Trying to hit Scotty's Castle, Stovepipe Wells area, Devils Racetrack, golf course and Badwater. Also going to drive up and see some air at the Whitney Portal. Dates are the Sat before easter to get there and then Easter Sunday, Monday and Tuesday sightsee and leave that Wednesday. Families, kids, dogs etc welcome. It is NOT an NCLR trip. It is a little trip by an NCLR member. If this interests you, please PM me.

If you are looking to organize a true off road trip to Death Valley (which I will do someday) please PM Desert Crawler, the local DV rat on here, and convince him to go...shouldn't be hard.

• 4 months later...

Ok, we completed two of the trips on the plan. Looks like Shaver lake Snow Run and Pismo Beach Flying Rovers will be in our annual trips to do now. Great turn out on both events.

With that said, let's continue to complete upcoming planned tips and fill-up the rest of the calendar. Post up if you want to lead/plan for a trip.

Also understand things come up and circumstances change - planned trip might not happen or perhaps re-scheduled. Look forward to Mojave or Death Valley trip next year.

Next is Oregon Trail in June for sure.

Chuck, do we still have a Gold Lake trip planned this year for July? If not, one trip I don't see on the list if Blue Lakes; anyone planning a this trip? Be great in July!

Will is planning for the Black Rock Desert trail 1st week of Aug!

Nathan and I are shooting for thge Dusy for sure end of August (more planning to come)!

I am still planning a Lost Coast trip in September (planning to come).

Is our Annual Gathering going to be in Hollister this year and Oct? I am starting to plan for the raffle prices.

Anyone interested in planning a trip in Nov or December?

• 5 weeks later...
I submitted a trip leaders equest about 4 weeks ago -- but haven't seen it being approved yet. I will be doing Gold Lake the weekend of August 13, 14, 15. I will actually be there the entire week, camping, starting on Mon or Tues. I can use some help talking it up!

I submitted a trip leaders equest about 4 weeks ago -- but haven't seen it being approved yet. I will be doing Gold Lake the weekend of August 13, 14, 15. I will actually be there the entire week, camping, starting on Mon or Tues. I can use some help talking it up!

I did not received anything from Gary. What I've seen lately and before is that members wanting to lead a trip post up a Gauging interest with brief description followed by filling out the basic trip request form found in the members only area. That info gets emailed to the webmaster (Gary). Usually more info is requested or required. Since you've led a few trips to Gold Lakes I see no problem in approving the trip, however I suggest posting up a thread with more specific info with pictures from last year's trip aimed at the first timer.

I did not received anything from Gary. What I've seen lately and before is that members wanting to lead a trip post up a Gauging interest with brief description followed by filling out the basic trip request form found in the members only area. That info gets emailed to the webmaster (Gary). Usually more info is requested or required. Since you've led a few trips to Gold Lakes I see no problem in approving the trip, however I suggest posting up a thread with more specific info with pictures from last year's trip aimed at the first timer.

Sounds good -- I will -- I wanted Gary to send me last years content if possible so I could edit it verus starting from scratch. Gary -- did you ever get the trip request I filed? Is there a problem with that part of the site?

• 1 month later...

Updated trip schedule both planned and completed statuses - back to the top.

We have Gold Lake and Dusy trip this coming August.

And anyone else want to add a trip for the rest of the year, let us know (post your gauging interest and then submit your request).

Dan has a trip scheduled for Blue Lakes on Sept 16-19 . There is an Overland Rally September 23-26 in Hollister if anyone else is interested; I am going and few others here. And our Annual Gathering in Hollister is scheduled for the wknd of 8th in October.

• 2 months later...

Not bad guys/gals we completed about 8 trips/events thus far; we still have the annual, some folks are going to the LR Nat'l Rally, and the Lost Cost trip in Nov. That's a total of 11. Not bad at all despite the economy, busy work schedules, family, other commitments and what not...

I will be posting a similar thread for 2011; post your suggestions on that thread.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

If you are installing a FM direct adapter for Sirius (or similiiar) with your OEM Land Rover radio head unit, these 2 cables will allow you to finish the job. The Land Rover male antenna plug and Land Rover female socket on the head unit are not compatible with the Sirius direct adapter. These cables are designed for a plug and play connection and I had them in my 1997 Discovery until I removed the entire hard-wired Sirius system and moved it to the Land Cruiser (which does not need these adapter cables).

These cables retail for about $15.00 each at the local Car Toys store.

http://www.cartoys.com/products/prod...ntenna_Adapter

http://www.cartoys.com/products/prod...nto_OEM_Radio/

$18.00. Located in Portland Oregon. Paypal and I ship via FedEx. Note, I am not a dealer, just selling the remaining Land Rover parts in the garage.

post-101-142414646069_thumb.jpg

Archived