LR3 bumpers and trim painted

Jantiz

I posted already at LRRF forums but figured I'd post here as well so those who don't check LRRF regularly could see the results. I painted all my black trim pieces this last week in time to go put it through the mud fest at Hollister last saturday. Been waiting for the rain to stop so I can clean her up right and look at how the trim paint held to the mud test, and here are the results.

You can clearly see in the rear bumper picture where I did not paint the area designed to be stepped on, the color of the fading bumper before painting, and the end result on the rest of the bumper. Also at the very bottom of the trim pieces where all the road grime scratches the trim, I left it unpainted as well and you can compare the before and afters. The darker/trim matches perfectly the wet look of the Java paint and it proved it's toughness playing in the mud all day and going through 3 different car washing machines afterwards. This stuff is permanent and it looks awesome, for around $30 total. Enjoy the pictures!

Archived