April MORG

You mean here?

http://lh5.ggpht.com/_wCITmPWsd4Y/SOmOKjNJeHI/AAAAAAAACME/dQxhVT_nvyk/s800/PA042538.jpg

http://lh3.ggpht.com/_wCITmPWsd4Y/SOmOcf1UcRI/AAAAAAAACM4/MmnIDh6EsEg/s800/PA042544.jpg

Lost in his own museum? Haha, couldn't resist!!

http://lh6.ggpht.com/_wCITmPWsd4Y/SOmOKz8lVoI/AAAAAAAACMM/Ak13uQbCQRw/s800/PA042539.jpg

Yep, that's the one.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Are we covered on supplies for marking the trails? I have the printed maps and could bring the plywood my bumper was shipped on, it's about 3'x5'. What about push pins to hold the maps, markers, vinyl ribbon trail markers, and ground stakes? I have to work late tonight (~9pm) so I can't really get more supplies except for tomorrow afternoon on my way down.

Guys, I am going to be on standby for this wknd exciting MORG/mapping of the new Hollister area.

The missing girl in Tracy has not been found; we are all hopeful - she will be found alive and well. Most likely I will be on duty for Search And Rescue (SAR) this wknd; there are a lot of clues/leads that need to be followed-up and want to volunteer in the search efforts.

Brenton or anyone in San Francisco or Oakland area, I might be in San Francisco tonight (passing thru Oakland) and can swing by/meet up to drop off the "2 SPOT" that Brian/Chuck need to use for the Death Valley Trip.

If in Oakland, my brother-in-law owns a cafe downtown; I'd buy you a drink or coffee if you are avail and can meet up to pick up the 2 SPOTs and bring them to the MORG.

If in San Francisco, I am planning to be at the California Acamedy of Science this afternoon and after taking my kids to this place, I can swing by in the Sunset, Richmond or downtown San Francisco early eve.

And if all else doesn't synch up, I will be in Monterey on Monday and can drop off the 2 SPOT devices in Half Moon Bay on my way home (if that works for you Brian). Perhaps meet up at that Bristish Pub on Hwy 1 (buy you a cup of Java).

Will, you can just send me the check for the DVD.

Luis, if you are going to be at the MORG, I can drop off your DVD w/Brenton or whom ever I get to meet-up later tonight in San Francisco.

Thanks!

Are we covered on supplies for marking the trails? I have the printed maps and could bring the plywood my bumper was shipped on, it's about 3'x5'. What about push pins to hold the maps, markers, vinyl ribbon trail markers, and ground stakes? I have to work late tonight (~9pm) so I can't really get more supplies except for tomorrow afternoon on my way down.

I have so far

2 each rolls vinyl ribbon in colors red and yellow

1 each 3x4 sheet of pin board with stick pins

1 each large piece of cardboard (courtesy of new TV at house)

2 each combination locks for gate access

still need

ground stakes

green vinyl ribbon, 2 rolls preferably

pop up tent

Hi Will and All

I'd love to attend but can only make it Saturday, no camping just the day. be nice to meet up with those who write the posts I view. Hope you'll be playing on Saturday, cause I'd like to.

Guess I'll find you when I get there around 9-9:30

Cheers

John Z

we look forward to meeting you, after checking in at the rangers kiosk (pay park fee), head back North Entrance Gate (painted blue metal) (combination posted on members only access of these forums) you should have now problem finding us

sure wish i could be there this weekend to help out and see the new section (missed it at the gathering in Oct.), but i've got a full schedule. thanks to all for the hard work and hope to join the group soon.

and, ron, best of luck with the search for the missing girl. will keep positive thoughts.

Luis, if you are going to be at the MORG, I can drop off your DVD w/Brenton or whom ever I get to meet-up later tonight in San Francisco.

Thanks!

I will be at the MORG for sure. I am working in Oakland today, if you still need to meet up with someone to drop off the SPOTs, give me a call.

706-830-8799

Brenton, hold off on the green ribbon, I have another source on vinyl

Doug, yes on the ez pop up tent, and I assume you will be attending?

Ron and Luis, I assume you guys can work out the details on exchanging the SPOT devices

Brenton or anyone in San Francisco or Oakland area, I might be in San Francisco tonight (passing thru Oakland) and can swing by/meet up to drop off the "2 SPOT" that Brian/Chuck need to use for the Death Valley Trip.

If in Oakland, my brother-in-law owns a cafe downtown; I'd buy you a drink or coffee if you are avail and can meet up to pick up the 2 SPOTs and bring them to the MORG.

Ron,

I'm available to help out this afternoon. I'll be in Hollister Saturday.

I will be at the MORG for sure. I am working in Oakland today, if you still need to meet up with someone to drop off the SPOTs, give me a call.

706-830-8799

Thanks for the offer Luis and Brenton; I ended up meeting wtih Jim aka MrVideo; thanks Jim!

He will be the MORG, and has your DVD Luis (you can just send me the check) and two brand new SPOT devices to hand over to Brian/Chuck for the Death Valley Trip.

Chuck has not provided me with the club credit card number and exp date so I didn't get the chance to activate both new device.

If Chuck is reading this, if you PM me that number plus exp date (I don't have to have the SPOT device present to activate them), I can have both devices activated by tomorrow (takes 10 mins) in time for MORG use, and plenty for Death Valley trip.

sure wish i could be there this weekend to help out and see the new section (missed it at the gathering in Oct.), but i've got a full schedule. thanks to all for the hard work and hope to join the group soon.

and, ron, best of luck with the search for the missing girl. will keep positive thoughts.

Thanks Mark; we are all hopefully the lil girl from Tracy is found alive and well.

And I know what you mean about a full schedule; seems like the theme now a days is "multi-task or die :D" with our growing kids and "honey do list" from the wife plus recreation (Land Rovering) plus volunteer work. Boy, I am tired just thinking of what I need to do this weekend.

Also I have your DVD; catch up with you next time on the trail - I give you the DVD then!

Updated list, please post up any corrections or changes

Stephen (Esteban) - Camp Friday & Saturday (4-FRS radios)

Will (Gotrovr) - <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-comhttp://nclrclub.org/forum/%20/& Saturday (red/yellow ribbon, pin board)

Linus (Linus Tremaine) - Camp Friday & Saturday

Brenton (Disco2guy) - <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:D</st1:PlaceName>

Jim (MrVideo) – Saturday only, no camping

Gary (PCRover) - Saturday only, no camping

Chuck (Desertcrawler)- Saturday only, no camping

<st1:PlaceName>John (Jzevgoris) - Saturday only, no camping</st1:PlaceName>

<st1:PlaceName></st1:PlaceName>

Will (Gotrovr) - Camp Friday & Saturday (red/yellow ribbon, pin board)

Brenton (Disco2guy) -Camp Friday & Saturday (USGS Maps of Hollister, optional green ribbon)

Luis (Jantiz) - Friday Camp & Saturday(?)

John (Jzevgoris) - Saturday only, no camping

Will (Gotrovr) - Camp Friday & Saturday (red/yellow ribbon, pin board)

Brenton (Disco2guy) -Camp Friday & Saturday (USGS Maps of Hollister, optional green ribbon)

Luis (Jantiz) - Friday Camp & Saturday(?)

John (Jzevgoris) - Saturday only, no camping

Dave(sasquatch)- camping saturday only

sorry guys, I cut and pasted the updated list late last night using home computer

changes looked good before I hit the submit button, must be a virus or something

Oh, well

Brenton yes we could use green ribbon as backup

Ok, how is this for last update before MORG

Will (Gotrovr) - <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-comhttp://nclrclub.org/forum/%20/& Saturday (red/yellow ribbon, pin board)

Brenton (Disco2guy) - <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-comhttp://nclrclub.org/forum/<st1:PlaceType>Camp</st1:PlaceType> <st1:PlaceName>Friday </st1:PlaceName>& Saturday (USGS Maps of Hollister, green ribbon)

Doug (DDreager) - Camp Friday & Saturday (eZ up tent)

Luis (Jantiz) - Camp Friday

Brian (HMBRover) – Camp Friday

Robb (wineryrover) – <st1:PlaceType>Camp</st1:PlaceType> <st1:PlaceName>Saturday</st1:PlaceName>

<st1:PlaceName>Dave (sasquatch) - Camp Saturday</st1:PlaceName>

<st1:PlaceName>John (Jzevgoris) - Saturday only, no camping</st1:PlaceName>

Thanks Will for getting us over to the new site! Camping was a blast with the usual great company and smooth libations! What a neat opportunity to map out unestablished trails for the state. This will never happen again in my lifetime! Some of the Ladies got a chance to either go off-roading for the first time or driving off-road for the first time. Way to go Ladies! There were some new people who were very cool indeed.

Now for the bad. Poison Oak sucks!!!!!! I'm already breaking out. Technu boat, here I come!

Some quick pix.

http://i697.photobucket.com/albums/vv334/d3rover/AprilMORG09004.jpg

http://i697.photobucket.com/albums/vv334/d3rover/AprilMORG09020.jpg

http://i697.photobucket.com/albums/vv334/d3rover/AprilMORG09042.jpg

http://i697.photobucket.com/albums/vv334/d3rover/AprilMORG09043.jpg

http://i697.photobucket.com/albums/vv334/d3rover/AprilMORG09016.jpg

Archived