Shaver Lake Snow Run Video Preview and Editing Session

Hi Folks,

Our busy NCLR college student member Josh (aka Keptin) and his buddy JP who filmed our famous Shaver Lake Snow Run early this year are just plain busy as you can imagine going back to our college or school days, and not have time to do the edits it deserve, and full version released (trailer was made and looks great thus far): http://nclrclub.org/forum/showthread.php?t=519

School is their priority and certainly, we can understand that (that would be my focus if I were going to school today).

With this said, Josh is sending me the 4 gig worth of data in HD/film footage from the Shaver Lake Snow Run 2008 and given me the ok to edit; I'd like to put together a group of members (those who attended the trip, want to attend the trip and plain o' rover porm enthusiast) over beer and food (perhaps @ Mexxis or LR Fremont or over my house) to view the footage, give feedback on footage to keep, suggestion on edits/theme and packaging the full version for us to all enjoy.

Then I'd like a volunteer of editors (hint MrVideo, Brenton, etc...) to come up with the final cut giving of course credits to Josh and JP for filming and yourself and others involved in the editing.

Let me know; hope to get the DVD copy by the end of the year and put together the viewing in Jan and final editing done and final release before our next Shaver Lake trip early March.

Cheers!

Ron,

Glad to offer my support and possible edit suite. Timing is everything in my world and personal projects many times get pushed back into the corner of my office. Heck, I've still to edit the Bald Mtn. video I shot.

Once football season is over for me, I'll settle back into a nice comfortable schedule of local shows where travel is minimal. This will allow me to work on editing in a tighter time frame.

I'm currently evaluating a number of high def editing options. I have a license for the Quantel multi-format editing suite that I bet none of you have heard of before. It will import all formats and apply the right settings to your project.

I do have access to a final cut pro HD system, but that's a real $ maker for them, so I can't expect to have it available when I want it.

I'm pretty much done with my current 4x3 Avid system that is taking up valuable space. So I'm on the lookout for another edit system to buy in the next 6 months. Any ideas there?

• 11 months later...

Archived