Gauging Interest - Summer trips in Pinecrest & Shaver Lake

Hello all! I'm planning on staying in Merced for a while which allows me easier access to the mountains and subsequently adventure opportunities! I have 2 trips in mind but welcome to add and or change them in pretty much any way to fit whoever else wants to join. First is Pinecrest due to its close proximity to Merced (1-2hrs depending on traffic). The second being another Shaver Lake trip but without the snow.

Pinecrest Trip

Dates: Sometime between June 1st-June 17th. Can be a day trip or 1-2 day camping trip. Very flexible depending on interest and scheduling

Plan: Exploring the area. Mainly forest road 04N34. This road runs through the backside of the resort and I've been dying to explore it by either walking or driving for a year now. But other activities include other forest roads, Pinecrest Lake, and summer activities at Dodge Ridge (They have scenic chair lift rides starting June 15th, Disc golf, and more). Again this can be heavily modified. 

Shaver Lake Trip

Dates: No clue yet :)

Plan: Run Bald Mountain trail without snow, and explore other trails in the area. I've only done Bald Mountain, which I love doing and want to show a friend or two if they come. I also want to explore other trails and forest roads around there too. Once again, can be heavily modified.

This idea and post are a work in process and if anyone has ideas, comments, or questions feel free to interact!

Last update: 5/7

Edited by Oliver Draffen

• 2 weeks later...

Don't know if they'll be open but Brewer lake is also really nice trail above Bald mountain. Also there's a cool little campground about a quarter mile past the trailhead. 

https://maps.app.goo.gl/675aCqLGZfr5M7Xa8

There's also a lot of little campgrounds if you get to the top of Bald mountain and then head north off the trail versus the normal way

8 hours ago, lutz said:

Don't know if they'll be open but Brewer lake is also really nice trail above Bald mountain. Also there's a cool little campground about a quarter mile past the trailhead. 

There's also a lot of little campgrounds if you get to the top of Bald mountain and then head north off the trail versus the normal way

Thanks! I saved it to my notes.

8 hours ago, lutz said:

Thanks! I saved it to my notes.

Yesterday we ended up going to Hollister and doing a shakedown run for Hell Hole, and tomorrow were going to Sequoia National Park! Way different than what I was originally planning but so is life.