Anyone one planning on coming to Nevada?

Black Rock Desert trip for this year is not DOA just on hold

Still preparing for the trip. I have been feeling guilty lately because the LR has just been sitting in the driveway. I have not driven it in over a month. So just wanted to dust it off and hit some trails :)

I'd love to get to Nevada but I'm afraid I'm booked until mid-September. Maybe that's better since it's cooler then. My friend Rocky has lots of trails he runs in the 40-Mile desert so I'm sure we can find something.

PCRover has suggested another run of White Rock Canyon. I'd love to do that one since I missed it a couple years ago. Maybe we can get something going on that trip.

So many trails, so little time!

In the fall would be good. I am in a tough spot with my job. I am the only IT guy working in a facility where there should be 3 of us. So when I am not at the office, I am on call. So if I were to take time off to go wheeling for a long weekend, Dell would need to fly someone in to cover me during my adsence. My manager needs 2 months notice ahead of time. So if you guys want to plans a trip out here after September then that would give me plenty of time to work things out with work. I am flexable and if things are planned and last minute it falls through then thats okay too :)

I have no plans that weekend so I am up for it. Depending on what you have scheduled on your trip we can head up Genoa Peak which is a nice stock rig friendly trail and there are awesome views of lake tahoe and carson city from the peak from what I have read. Also there is McKinney Creek Trail which uses the first 2-3 miles of the easy part of the rubicon then branches off to it's own trail. I have heard on that trail there are old mines and ruins along to way. I have not been on both yet, but I can scout the trails and see if the snow has melted by then. Both trails are good half day trails. Ill check and see if there are any smaller/quicker trails in the area. I am sure you want to spend your time laying on the beach so we can find something to fit into your schedule. I can also check with the other Rover owners on reno4x4.com if they may be interested in a trail run and have some suggestions.

Genoa Peak Loop Trail

McKinney Creek Trail

Archived