LR3 Sliders

Well, the guys at RASTA 4x4 logged in at LRForums and posted under LR3 advertising that a new set of complete "real" sliders will be available for the LR3 in the next few weeks. I'm gonna give them the benefit of the doubt until I see what they come up with. Still saving up my allowance :rolleyes: so I can get a set of sliders installed soon! Along with the 100 other things I want.

I tell you what, just give me your LR3, Gary and we call it even. Save me the trouble of installing ALL those awesome mods you have on yours :D

Sorry, but those are not sliders, they are skid plates designed to protect the underside of your LR3. Read it carefully and you will see they mention Aluminum. You can't build sliders out of aluminum, they would bend and and no be able to support the weight of the truck, and thus be useless in a slider function.

Definitions:

Skid plates = Protect your under side parts like transmission, steering linkage, gas tank from rocks and limbs etc. Aluminum or steel construction.

Sliders = Protect your door sills and sides of your truck, must be able to support the weight of the truck when sliding over and around rocks and other obstacles. Steel construction.

Archived