No fancy GPS for me....Well for a while at least

ChrisJB

Today was going to be the day to order my new garmin GPS. I had my heart set on the Garmin GPSMAP 478 along with all the related accessories. This morning while driving to work through Washoe Valley, the sunrise caught my eye and I wanted to capture it as I always carry my camera with me. Long story short I forgot how to walk, tripped over my own feet, and my camera went splat all over the asphalt. So this would be my justification to upgrade to a better camera. I have been a Nikon guy since high school when I picked up my first camera the Nikon F4 and ended at the F5. Like most people out there. I was very very stubborn in making the move to digital. But once the price of DSLR's dropped and performance improved I decided to pick one up to test the waters. I picked up at Olympus E300 mainly because the body and 2 lens kit was about $750 at my local costco so it wasnt a huge investment if for some reason I decided to stick with film. I bought the camera in 2004 and never looked back since. For a cheap crappy camera, it held up alright through the years. Now it's time to go back to the Nikon bandwagon and just ordered a Nikon D80 so I can make use of the suitcase full of lenses that I have accumulated over the years in my film days. This will be my band aid untill I can save up for the Nikon 18-200mm vr lens and a D300 or even a D3.

For topo maps, i'll stick with my pda and garmin bluetooth gps receiver for now. I found a site online that sells National Geographic Topo Maps and the seperate software to import to a pda for about $64 for the set which isnt too bad. We'll see how it all works. :o

Bummer. Sorry to hear about that. Congrads though on the new camera (although Cannon makes better cameras :D ).

-d

I have fought many battles and flame wars online and in darkrooms on Canon vs Nikon. As I have gotten older, I have come to realize that it's okay for people to have a difference of opinion.

Serenity Now

Serenity Now

Serenity Now......

:D

Archived