Land Rover Experience - Tour Peru 2017

TomOwen

Hello NCLR Members,

It's been a while since the fantastic event in October, thanks again!

I wanted to share an opportunity from a friend of mine at JLR Land Rover Experience in Carmel.

Jaguar Land Rover is hosting an off-road driving competition at various locations around the country including their Land Rover Experience operation at Quail Lodge in Carmel.  The event is called "Land Rover Experience Tour Peru 2017" and it is open to all drivers over 21 with a valid CDL (Driver's license, not Diff Lock)  Similar to the "Top Gear" bit with different drivers with the same car and course, the lowest time wins. It's not a game of speed, as much as it's a game of finesse.  The winners from each region will receive a 6-day trip to drive the new Land Rover Discovery through Peru. Think "6 days of Camel Trophy".

You are welcome to sign up individually  but I also presented the idea to Justin that NCLR make a club event for this and schedule a day to come down, bring picnics and cheer-on your fellow members. While the actual driving portion is per individual (1 driver/1 instructor on course at a time) there is an area where the rest of the members can gather, keep track of times, cheer on fellow members etc… Seems like that would be a lot of fun for the group.

From LRE:

From now to the end of August we are holding the Off-Road Trials Competition that allows people to have a chance at winning a Land Rover Experience Adventure Trip to Peru for 6 days completely free !

To compete in this competition... it is 100% free to sign up and valid to anyone 21 years old or over with a valid US license.  It is about a 20-30 minute experience for each participant and once again, there is zero cost to participate in this.

If anyone is interested in adding a driving lesson when signing up for the challenge I will extend a special one time offer to them, but there is no requirement to take a lesson for this competition.  

They can contact me directly via email jdemayo@jaguarlandrover.com or on the office line of 831.620.8854 to sign up and or find out more details. 

Here is an article that just dropped from Alloy & Grit about the overall event but for more information, reach out to Justin DeMayo at LRE.

Hope you guys are well and can take advantage of this opportunity.

Best,

Tom

• 2 weeks later...

I've been back and forth in contact with the crew @ the Quail Lodge Rover Exp, We're trying to book a "Club Day" and have it Aug 19th. I just haven't posted it yet as its not been 100% confirmed. I'll keep you guys updated. 

Sorry for the delay, actually thought I responded but clearly did not.  August 26th could work, but 27th would be better if possible.  Just to clarify... the challenge is only done in one of our new Discoveries and not personal vehicles.  As far as a group photo on the course, we could probably arrange something near the Peru Challenge course, but would not be able to allow personal vehicles drive on the trails with out instructors and with out being on a paid Owners Day event.

If you have a lot of members wanting to participate, I would look at assigning 1 instructor for all of you who would ride and score each person.  Only the driver is allowed to be in the vehicle during the competition and the rest of the members would have to hang back in the picnic area right next to the trials course.

So the confirmed Group date will be the 27th. I've made a thread in the members section along with a event on the calendar. 

http://norcalrovers.org/forum/index.php?/topic/5012-land-rover-experience-peru-member-day-aug-27th/

Archived