New brakes installed unsuccessful :(

ChrisJB

I tried but I lost the battle. This by far was the hardest brake job i have ever encountered. Basically the caliper bridge bolts and 2 of the 4 screws that hold the rotors in place refused to come loose. The bolts must have been welded on because I went out and bought a air impact gun and even it wouldn't get these bolts loose and I shot about a gallon of penetrating lube on them as well. I hurt lol :(

Dumb question I know, don't be offended but you are turning it counterclockwise, right? I see people trying the wrong direction on bolts a lot actually.

Many times I have used my floor jack handle on a breaker bar to pop things loose. Try that or a 6' pipe on the breaker bar if you can.

and of course if I happen to have gotten just this one loose. I would still have 5 more to go plus 2 stubborn rotor screws. lol The 2 bolts that held the caliper to the caliper bridge came off easy but the others not so much. This would have been the first brake service for my vehicle so I have no idea why these bolts would be so tight from the factory

Archived