Arnold, CA Area Trip - April 17-19

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

May? MAY?? Nay....I say you ARE interested!

Ok, ok I am interested, but I am not interested in ripping off my stock bumpers which seems very likely after seeing the pictures and videos - hence the "may."

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well yes, that could be worrisome.   If you wanted to come but didn't want to run the trail you could always camp with us then catch a ride.  We should have open seats available and the trail isn't too long. 

I'd say the sliders are the most important.  If you plan to wheel the LR4 more I'd also look at the gas tank and transfer case skids.  I certainly have gotten plenty of use out of mine.  If you were going to maybe buy another truck for the more adventurous wheeling, then just the sliders might be OK.

I'd say the sliders are the most important. If you plan to wheel the LR4 more I'd also look at the gas tank and transfer case skids. I certainly have gotten plenty of use out of mine. If you were going to maybe buy another truck for the more adventurous wheeling, then just the sliders might be OK.

Lol.. thanks..another truck?

Not hard.  Give it an afternoon.  You have to do some minor trimming of the plastic rocker trim just in front of the front doors.  Otherwise it's pretty much a straight bolt on.  Hardest part is getting them lined up for the two body mount bolts. It can take a little fishing to get those started.  I find a long drift comes in handy to align things.  I generally just balance the slider on my floor jack and use that to lift it roughly into position.   It's a little heavy to hold it up yourself when trying to start the bolts.

Actually, I'll be dropping my driver's side slider this weekend to get to my compressor.  Which reminds me - I think you have to install a new bracket for the compressor on the LR4 since it has the AMK.  The part will be included.

Guest Pedram
Finally.... Something to write in.... Hi guys. I wonder if this will update on my emails so I can finally catch up with the club again.

I think you have to subscribe to the thread to get email updates.  I know I don't get them any more, but I'm here pretty much daily so I just hit the 'view new content' button to keep up.

I wasn't surprised not to see you around.  Seems like you might have something else to keep you busy these days.

Finally.... Something to write in.... Hi guys. I wonder if this will update on my emails so I can finally catch up with the club again.

Pedram,

Click on your name at the top right

then

"My Settings"

then

"Notification Options" on the left hand side

Choose what you want

Graeme

Hi there, 

I think is to early in the season to do the slick rock trail.  Is likely that you will see patches of snow in the trail.  Specially with the storm that just rolled through the area dumping several inches of fresh snow.  I think it will make the trail extra challenging if there is snow in the trail or may still be close for the season. You might want to call the park ranger station before heading over.  

Will see if i can make it.  Is been a while since i been out.  

AA

First Pedram reappears, now Antonio!  This thread must have some magical ability to raise the dead!

Normally I would have thought April was too early as well but as dry and warm as it has been I figured we were OK.  But with this storm I'm not so sure.

A few inches will likely melt mostly away by next weekend...a couple feet maybe not!  I know the trail is a little higher than 5200' but I don't know how things actually look up there right now.

I'm in for sure.  We'll probably leave mid-day Friday so we can make camp well before dark.  No hard departure time.  I'd like to get an early start on the trail Saturday morning just to avoid any possible bottle necks and to have time to help anybody who needs a little rock stacking to get through.  I don't know if Jared will have any armor on RedRover yet, but I'm sure we can get him through.   I think Chad is planning to come as well and his RRC is pretty stock so we'll need to work to get him through too.  But it's a short trail and there aren't too many tough spots so if they're willing to try I'm willing to help.  Or at least watch and point.  :)

We should probably try to get a firm head-count so we can plan travel/meeting points/etc.  Who's in?

Don & Michele, LR3

Nick (& wife? daughter?), LR4

Nick, RRC

Jared & Erin, RRC

Antonio, P38

Also a buddy of mine in a Jeep in the maybe category.  I'll touch base with him again this week.

Who else am I missing?  I know Alyson had to back out.  Anybody else coming next weekend?

Archived