Front Suspension Making Noise

ChrisJB

One of the little issues I have with my Disco is whenever I drive over a speedbump or even up my driveway the front suspension makes a creaking noise (for lack of a better term). This is only on the front and I don't hear it for the rear. Any ideas as to what would be causing this?

I also am looking to get a better set of shocks and I am torn between the Bilsteins or the OME shock sets. Pricewise I can get either set for about $300 off of ebay. I am partial to Bilstein as I have them on my other car, but not familiar with ride and handling quality of the OME. Any reall big diff between the 2 brands?

LOL... by brush guard you mean radiator eater...

Try tightening everything underneath. Take a close look at all your bushings, as some may be worn causing metal parts to hit each other. A common culprit is the shock bushings wearing out on the underside of the shock tower where you can't easily see.

does anyone make a repair manual for 2004 discovery's? I checked Haynes, chiltons and sites like Roversnorth.com and not having any luck. All I can find are repair manuals for disco 1.

Tomorrow I'll check and make sure everything is tightened. I appreciate everyones feedback. :)

I checked everything and everything looks tight and good, but I am not experienced enough to know what I am looking for so I am just going to go ahead and drop if off at the dealer. I am about 3K away from it's 30k service anyways so I might as well have everything I need done to it. If i have to dish out $600 bucks anyways then i'll let them get dirty :)

Archived