New member intro

Disco2Guy

Hello-

My name is Brenton and I joined NCLR a few weeks ago. I'm glad there was a chance to meet some of you last Saturday at Mexxi's, it seems like there is a nice group of people here. Anyways, I'm currently driving a stock '01 D2 and would like to try to hit up Grass Valley 1/12. Seems like a good intro to offroading. I have never been off road before but this is something I've always wanted to do.

I have already started a long list of mods that will take some time to get through, although it seems the list is never ending!!

Well this is the only vehicle for the house so I can't go too extreme. I'd like to get a 2" lift, some steelies and some new tires to begin. I've been doing a lot of research over the past few months since purchasing my D2 on what I need both short and long term. I've been getting a lot of advise from DiscoMike, and others on LandRoverForums. I'm still debating how to do the CDL linkage. Getting parts from a D1 is easier and cheaper, but it sounds like the harder to find more expensive '04 cable linkage is preferred.

I'm currently looking at getting the extension roof rails and crossbar set for my surfboard. At some point I'd like to get a full roof rack that still works with the rails and sunroof.

Welcome aboard. Glad to see you up and posting. I am planning on going to the 1/12 outing too, so we can caravan if you'd like, but you have to drive slow for me, I am by no means quick. I have only been wheeling for about a year now too, I just bought a cheaper truck with more mods.

I am not a Disco guy , yet my wife says, so I will gleefully watch your progress and build, for my wife's eventual car purchase!

Archived