Hollister Monthly meet-up - June/July/August

... I purchased bearings through Atlantic British and was assured by the sales person that the bearings were Timken but when they arrived they were some cheep Chinese knockoff ...

Rather like the D1 hose set that was "genuine Land Rover" but when they arrived they were URO. Not worth the cost of shipping them back though .... better to vote with my money next time (AB have always given me better service anyway and no sales tax).

Graeme

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think you are running 35's on your Disco right??? wait till you blow the ARB's up offroading! I did it 4 times w/ my 35's .... no more ARB's for me! sorry!

So the ARB saga continues but it's bad news for this weekend. The long and short of it is, is there anyone needing a co-pilot? I purchased bearings through Atlantic British and was assured by the sales person that the bearings were Timken but when they arrived they were some cheep Chinese knockoff that seemed to be constructed out of aluminum foil and pieces of used nails lubricated with sand. They were so bad that we had a difficult time getting pinion preload set. What junk. Those are going back and I need to order some more. It is highly unlikely that they will be here and installed before Saturday morning. So now I need a seat. Anyone?

• 3 weeks later...

Is the meet up time definitely going to be 10am at the Ranger Station? I've only been to Hollister once before and everyone met up at 9am even though they said 10am....fortunately I arrived early.

I know where the Ranger Station is, but not the obstacle course.

Usually people leave the ranger station and head up at 10. some people like to go up and mess around earlier while they wait. sounds like we'll all meet at the ranger station and wait for everyone who's coming. I'll be there by 10 as well.

Archived