Thanksgiving weekend plans?

Hi,

I am planning to head over to Lake Alpine over the thanksgiving weekend. Depending on weather and road condition, i plan to camp there and possibly hit the Slickrock trail. It all depends on weather and road condition. The plan is to leave friday 11/23 and head back Sunday.

If anyone is interested let me know. This is just to get out of the mall madness and spend sometime up in the mountains.

AA

• 8 months later...

I've been looking at getting an air compressor and was thinking of getting the VIAIR 400P http://viaircorp.com/400P.html, however, I recently heard about the ARB Compressors.... Are they all essentially the same or are there better brands out there?

Initially, I was looking at a tank, but I have those extra seats in the back and I'd need to take one out....

Anyone have any ideas or thoughts?

Alyson

On my last rig, I put in a converted A/C compressor into the smog system air pump slot, and used that. I had a VIAIR, and found that it was considerably slower then the claims, and was really tough on the battery. But it was well built, and took a beating well.

I now have a C02 Tank (love, but empty right now) the MV5 from Costco at the time (ER and is in Westy for trips now) and I just got an ARB pump to install.

What is it used for? How often?

I won a $100 off the extremeaire magnum and went that route. it is slower than a CO2 tank but it has a 100% duty cycle, is water proof, weather proof, can run in any position, and isn't too hard on the battery. can do tires, toys, clean out the dust, etc. Still was expen$ive though.

Thanks guys. I don't have one yet, but was thinking it might be good to get one for Mojave just in case I need to air down.

Well, if you don't get one, I know I'll have a tank filled by then (and hopefully the compressor installed). I just need to make sure I have enough fuel and water. :)

Both spares need to hold air ;)

They do now!! Shout out to America's tire in Livermore as they spent an hour with me, took the tube out of the leaking spare (yes the tube), cleaned up the rim and remounted the tire. Additionally they rolled out a few tires to compare for future purchase total cost out the door: 0$ yup zero.

Well, if you don't get one, I know I'll have a tank filled by then (and hopefully the compressor installed). I just need to make sure I have enough fuel and water. :)

It will be just me and I'd be happy to carry extra fuel and water for you if you can spot me some air. I'll even tell you what the temperature is while we're there, but you'll have to brush up on your Celsius conversions. ;)

i bought a powertank co2 tank.

Nice. I remember seeing one at the annual event in Hollister last October. I hope they donate another one (or two) for the raffle. Whomever called them last year, better be on top of that!

Archived