New high sierras trip same dates 7/27-7/30

OK the trip is on and I will be leading it. This is the gauging interest thread and next week once the interest has been gauged i will be posting the formal trip thread. as this is my first trip that i am leading any help with the posting and ideas will be greatly appreciated.

basic plan: meet in Bishop CA 7/27 about 11am and drive in to the high mountains. for more details at this moment check the "2012 High Sierras Trip" that Christian posted. This will replace that trip.

Chris

Awesome!!! Count me in Buddy! Christian - thank you for passing on the details to Chris. Wish you could make it, but we all understand. I'll definitely go the following year when you can attend. Chris - let me know how I can help organize or possibly co-lead. Hmmmm...sounds like we should brainstorm over a beer at Hooters!!!!!

That sounds like a great idea! I looked at the maps and both places seem great. I have been to one of them, Laurel Lakes, didn't fish but it is pretty with a great drive in. The other is baker lake camp which has a couple of options. I'm putting together the trip details hope to post this weekend so that people will have time to sign up.

• 8 months later...

As inspired by other members cleaning their garages, I too have a begun to scratch the issue here. ;-)

I have a Kelty Child Carrier backpack available. It has the sun cover/rain tent thing that goes over the top as well as a small day-pack I had customized to zip onto the back of it. (essentially a small back pack)

We got it for my kids, used it at the fair and walks around the block a few times and then gave it to my sister and brother-in-law for her son, essentially, neither family used it. :-(

Anyway, if this is something that you can use, great! As for "How Much?" I don't really care. If you are cleaning out your garage and have something that I can trade RonCT110 for his Kayak - In the spirit of Monty Hall: "Let's make a deal!" (I'd be killed if I bought it, but I think I can sell the trade ;-)

If funds are tight but this will get your family on the trail - Then it will cost you the posting pics of the adventure and scenery! If funds are available, then PM/call me, I'd like to point you in the direction of a particular donation...

Cheers,

Tom

post-353-142414664987_thumb.jpg

post-353-14241466499_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Not just yet but closer than we were last time we talked. We will be out of town fow a week or starting tomorrow. I'll get ahold of you when I get back and maybe we can work someting out if it's still around.

Sounds good. Fingers crossed and Hi to Miss T.

TO

Archived